A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

A4 Avant S Line Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A4 Avant S Line Question

I am getting ready to order a 2010 A4 Avant. I am looking at two configurations:

1. 2010 A4 Avant Quartz Gray
Premium Plus
Navigation
18" Sport Package

or

2. 2010 A4 Avant Quartz Gray
Prestige
S Line
Driver Assist Pkg (wife wants camera)

Have A4 Avant S Line owners been happy with their return on investment for the additional cost of 5 or 6k more for the S Line?

The S Line looks sharp. I have a couple of issues with it though, one of them being that I have to pay $900 more for Driver Assist in order to get the backup camera when it is included in the Standard Navigation Package.

Also, I have not been able to see the Monza Silver on a car in person. Since this color is only available on the S Line would it add more value to the car or does it really matter? I currently own a silver car so it would be nice to change to gray.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott
Old 10-15-2009, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

#2 for me. i rather have a car in good condition then nooks and scratches. (My wife is terrible at parking)
Old 10-15-2009, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

side note...S-line does look very nice.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

I ordered #1 and waiting for the delivery first week of December (Deep Sea Blue + Gray).. I also got the B&O System. Did not care about the S-Line as long as I could get the 18_SP.
Visit ZAG.com, maybr that will help with your decision...
Old 10-15-2009, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default S-Line

Just got back from dealer where I put my deposit down on:

Brilliant Black
Prestige
S-line
With Side Assist

Terrible to have to pay so much for camera, but I've been driving a Ford for a week without it, and it makes a big difference - especially with two young kids and a dog running around. I also have come to like the blind spot warning. Thought it was a gimmick, but it is nice to have as 'extra' protection.

So, obviously I vote S-Line, with side assist.

Had the hardest time picking out the color. Couldn't decide meteor, red, aruba blue or black. Wimped out in the end and went with black, and hey saved $425 on the paint upcharge...

Can't wait till she arrives.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AvantMore
Just got back from dealer where I put my deposit down on:

Brilliant Black
Prestige
S-line
With Side Assist

Terrible to have to pay so much for camera, but I've been driving a Ford for a week without it, and it makes a big difference - especially with two young kids and a dog running around. I also have come to like the blind spot warning. Thought it was a gimmick, but it is nice to have as 'extra' protection.

So, obviously I vote S-Line, with side assist.

Had the hardest time picking out the color. Couldn't decide meteor, red, aruba blue or black. Wimped out in the end and went with black, and hey saved $425 on the paint upcharge...

Can't wait till she arrives.
Great stuff - Congrats!
Did you try the ZAG.com? My final price was $100 under the invoice on 2010 Avant...
Old 10-16-2009, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AvantB8
I ordered #1 and waiting for the delivery first week of December (Deep Sea Blue + Gray).. I also got the B&O System. Did not care about the S-Line as long as I could get the 18_SP.
Visit ZAG.com, maybr that will help with your decision...
Thanks AvantB8!

ZAG.com had one dealer that was $305 under Invoice for both configurations I am looking at. Did your quote from ZAG include the $825 delivery fee?
Old 10-16-2009, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AvantB8
Great stuff - Congrats!
Did you try the ZAG.com? My final price was $100 under the invoice on 2010 Avant...
I started looking into the ZAG, and got a quick response, but decided to go with my own local dealer that I've used for many Audi purchases. I know my deal is my deal. Ultimately, it works out that I'm paying just over invoice before the $1,500 loyalty discount (I remembered ZAG couldn't apply the loyalty discount - would have been smart of me to confirm, doh!). I also have a Ford trade in, which they're not totally killing me on.

Can't wait...
Old 10-16-2009, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AvantMore
I started looking into the ZAG, and got a quick response, but decided to go with my own local dealer that I've used for many Audi purchases. I know my deal is my deal. Ultimately, it works out that I'm paying just over invoice before the $1,500 loyalty discount (I remembered ZAG couldn't apply the loyalty discount - would have been smart of me to confirm, doh!). I also have a Ford trade in, which they're not totally killing me on.

Can't wait...
True, this is my first Audi, so it works for me...
Old 10-16-2009, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tagger150
Thanks AvantB8!

ZAG.com had one dealer that was $305 under Invoice for both configurations I am looking at. Did your quote from ZAG include the $825 delivery fee?
No, the quote does not include the delivery fee nor it includes the Dealer Doc Fees (negotiable though).

But it took the stress (or joy) of haggling out of it...

Quick Reply: A4 Avant S Line Question