A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5
View Poll Results: What should I buy?
Keep searching for the perfect Audi A4 Avant Prestige S-Line+ ADS!
50.00%
Tow the Audi line and buy a shiny new AllRoad for MSRP
23.68%
Stick with the A3 3.2 and strap the dogs to the roof Romney style
2.63%
Start looking for the even more unattainable A6 Avant 3.0T Prestige
15.79%
Jump ship to another brand like a... oh forget it, nothing available in the US is comparable
7.89%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

A4 Avant vs AllRoad?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 12:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A4 Avant vs AllRoad?

I've currently got an 06 A3 3.2 that my family has outgrown. It's also getting a bit long in the tooth (66k miles). I'd really like to get an 11 or 12 A4 Avant Prestige w/Titanium or SLine+ and ADS but those are turning out to be rare to the extreme.

I'm not excited about the new AllRoad (except the enhanced MMI which looks sweet) as I'm guessing it'll be impossible to get a good deal on one and it just won't be as awesome looking as the Avant with s-line+/titanium.

What would you guys do in my shoes? Keep hunting for the A4 Avant of my dreams or suck it up and throw down the extra $ for an AllRoad?

Other notes:

- I'm in SF but willing to buy a car anywhere in the US
- A Q5 isn't big enough
- A Q7 is too big
- I haven't looked as hard but, I imagine finding an A6 Avant 3.0T S-Line/Titanium would (10 and 11 only right?) be even more difficult
- I'd even consider leaving Audi if there was anything out there that ticked the same boxes as an A4 Avant Prestige (2010 535xi wagon maybe?)

Still kicking myself for not making a move back in late 2011 when you could still order such a vehicle

Milk&Cheese
Old 05-23-2012, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AWESOME

Originally Posted by milknchees
I've currently got an 06 A3 3.2 that my family has outgrown. It's also getting a bit long in the tooth (66k miles). I'd really like to get an 11 or 12 A4 Avant Prestige w/Titanium or SLine+ and ADS but those are turning out to be rare to the extreme.

I'm not excited about the new AllRoad (except the enhanced MMI which looks sweet) as I'm guessing it'll be impossible to get a good deal on one and it just won't be as awesome looking as the Avant with s-line+/titanium.

What would you guys do in my shoes? Keep hunting for the A4 Avant of my dreams or suck it up and throw down the extra $ for an AllRoad?

Other notes:

- I'm in SF but willing to buy a car anywhere in the US
- A Q5 isn't big enough
- A Q7 is too big
- I haven't looked as hard but, I imagine finding an A6 Avant 3.0T S-Line/Titanium would (10 and 11 only right?) be even more difficult
- I'd even consider leaving Audi if there was anything out there that ticked the same boxes as an A4 Avant Prestige (2010 535xi wagon maybe?)

Still kicking myself for not making a move back in late 2011 when you could still order such a vehicle

Milk&Cheese
I saw one a few days ago at the Penske Audi dealership in Turnersville,New Jersey.-Its very nice.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was in the same boat as you in late 2011. I made the move to a 2012 Avant Prestige S-line and haven't looked back!
Old 05-23-2012, 09:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm sure if you look around, there might be a dealer somewhere that still has one.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

to be honest, the Allroad isn't "all that" to me. The A4 avant was nice, but I was never happy with the cargo area size and I am not a fan of the el gigundo sunroof, but that's me.

Were I you, I'd try to find a nice A6 avant. The last years of them were usually highly optioned. The older, 3.2L engine cars can be had for less than $30k, and the newer ones with the sweet sweet 3.0T motor are just now coming off lease and can be had for less than the cost of modestly optioned allroad.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Based on the tone of your post I say keep looking for the Avant you want or one as close to it as you can find. If not I think you'll just regret it.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Surprised nobody has mentioned this yet--how is it that you're wanting an A4 Avant but say:

Originally Posted by milknchees
- A Q5 isn't big enough
The only interior dimension in which a Q5 is smaller than the A4 Avant is in headroom (and why that is given their configurations makes no sense to me either). More cargo space, more overall interior volume, wider, etc. I completely understand wanting a wagon over an SUV, but I don't get why you think the Q5 "isn't big enough" if it's larger than the Avant.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:40 AM
Never Follows

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

White.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

Black

Silver

Old 05-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Having put our two dogs in the back of the A4 Avant and the Q5 and also done the baby seat test in the backseats of both, despite the published dimensions, we found the Avant to offer more functional space for our needs. Plus, I find all the Q series Audis to be, I don't know, kind of blah?
Old 05-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks Monza, you're not interested in selling your car are you

I do have those 3 bookmarked, plus a red one in Portland and another red one in Minnesota. There's a few out there I just have to close the deal before they get snatched up. Had two pulled out from under me by local buyers already. dang!

Quick Reply: A4 Avant vs AllRoad?