A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5
View Poll Results: What should I buy?
Keep searching for the perfect Audi A4 Avant Prestige S-Line+ ADS!
50.00%
Tow the Audi line and buy a shiny new AllRoad for MSRP
23.68%
Stick with the A3 3.2 and strap the dogs to the roof Romney style
2.63%
Start looking for the even more unattainable A6 Avant 3.0T Prestige
15.79%
Jump ship to another brand like a... oh forget it, nothing available in the US is comparable
7.89%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

A4 Avant vs AllRoad?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Never Follows

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by milknchees
Thanks Monza, you're not interested in selling your car are you

Sure, my asking price will be...

Old 06-04-2012, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you seen this one? It's on the opposite coast from you, but it's completely loaded, CPO, and at a good price. I'm also looking for a 2011+ Avant, so I've got a pretty good handle on what's out there. But my budget is a bit tighter, so I can't swing that one.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

There's also [url=http://www.larsonautomotivegroup.com/puyallup-used-cars/detail/2012-Audi-A4-Avant-2.0T/238/WAU4FAFL2CA037683[/url]this one[url] closer to you. Not a bad price for a 2012 Titanium Prestige.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I say keep looking for the A4 Avant S-line (or Titanium). It may take time, but you have to be patient...that's your first choice, go with that. Anything else and you will be left wondering...

Before purchasing my 2011 A4 Avant S-line, I also looked far and wide for a 2008 A6 Avant with the 19" 7-arm dbl-spoke wheels, S-line, also very hard to find.

No, mine's not for sale.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here's a 2011 A4 S-line Avant in Brilliant Red, it's in MN. On one of the photos, I saw it also has the very rare (and expensive) ADS option even though the ad doesn't list it. I'm thinking, if it has ADS, it probably has Side Assist (lane warning light on mirrors) and also the manual side-rear sunshades. However, these options are also not listed nor are there photos to verify whether or it has them. The Side Assist would have a on/off button inside of the left mirror. On top of the Prestige S-Line, that's all the options that can be had, with a fully-optioned sticker price of $52k, IIRC.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...19819471&Log=0
Old 06-07-2012, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you actually seen the new Allroad .. it's one of the best looking Audi cars out there compared to the 'new facelifted' A4,A5, and A6. I'd get the Allroad anytime over the A4 Avant.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ayap
Have you actually seen the new Allroad .. it's one of the best looking Audi cars out there compared to the 'new facelifted' A4,A5, and A6. I'd get the Allroad anytime over the A4 Avant.
Yep, and a full-body-paint allroad would look great with rotors. Drop it, change the grille and it looks like a RS4 Avant. Lots of potential there.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi guys,

thanks for the tips:

dscline - the two you listed have been sold (just). I REALLY wanted the one in Mass (it had ADS and was only $42k with CPO) but some bastard in NYC beat me to it the day I was calling in to try and put a deposit down on it.

Yes, the all-road is ok, nice even but the price is high for what I'd want (Prestige, sported out) and I do really like how the Titanium Avant looks, just sportier.

I think I have a deal with a private seller in Seattle (way closer to me) for a 2012 Avant with Titanium (no ADS, no alcantara but still pretty close). We're trying to work out a sale through his local dealer. Fingers crossed I join the B8 family. Now I gotta get my A3 3.2 sold
Old 06-09-2012, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by milknchees
dscline - the two you listed have been sold (just). I REALLY wanted the one in Mass (it had ADS and was only $42k with CPO) but some bastard in NYC beat me to it the day I was calling in to try and put a deposit down on it.
I had talked to them about that one, but it was slightly out of my price range, and they wouldn't budge on it. It was completely loaded, but I wasn't heartbroaken, as I didn't really want a black car in the south. And I'm not a huge fan of the black on black on black with the titanium package.

I hope your Seattle buy works out.

Originally Posted by Warren_S
Here's a 2011 A4 S-line Avant in Brilliant Red, it's in MN. On one of the photos, I saw it also has the very rare (and expensive) ADS option even though the ad doesn't list it. I'm thinking, if it has ADS, it probably has Side Assist (lane warning light on mirrors) and also the manual side-rear sunshades. However, these options are also not listed nor are there photos to verify whether or it has them.
Yes, this one does have ADS, side assist, and the shades. It's fully loaded except for adaptive cruise. I do like the S-line package much better than titanium, and they were a little more flexible on price than the one in MA.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

dscline: I forgot about that one other expensive option, adaptive cruise, which would have the radar "ball" next to the front right fog light and bring a fully-loaded S-line Avant to like $55k(?), thanks for reminding me.

Hey, did you buy that one? Ad now says "car no longer for sale"
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...19819471&Log=0

milknchees: So what's the update on the one w/Titanium in Seattle? Hope this one works out for you!

Quick Reply: A4 Avant vs AllRoad?