A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

A4 B&O Audio System - who actually makes it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A4 B&O Audio System - who actually makes it?

Curious as to who's the OEM of the "B&O" system...
They've always made some mid-fi audio equipment (that looks OK in an urban chic sort of way).

Just wondering - a friend was quite surprised when he discovered the "Mark Levinson" system in his Lexus SC was made by Pioneer and re-badged...
Old 03-28-2009, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The manfacturer of the B&O system is (fanfare) Bang & Olufsen. A little about the company from their public relations spokeshole:

B&O was founded in 1925 and is headquartered in Struer, Jutland. The company manufactures a wide range of sophisticated consumer goods including televisions, music systems, loudspeakers, telephones and multimedia products. B&O employs more than 2,400 people and its products are sold in some 60 countries worldwide.

So far they have not been bought by another electronics giant.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Moviela
The manfacturer of the B&O system is (fanfare) Bang & Olufsen. A little about the company from their public relations spokeshole:

B&O was founded in 1925 and is headquartered in Struer, Jutland. The company manufactures a wide range of sophisticated consumer goods including televisions, music systems, loudspeakers, telephones and multimedia products. B&O employs more than 2,400 people and its products are sold in some 60 countries worldwide.

So far they have not been bought by another electronics giant.
Where the hell is Jutland? If only there were an easy way to look it up...

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=jutland
Old 04-03-2009, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Vinylcat
Curious as to who's the OEM of the "B&O" system...
They've always made some mid-fi audio equipment (that looks OK in an urban chic sort of way).

Just wondering - a friend was quite surprised when he discovered the "Mark Levinson" system in his Lexus SC was made by Pioneer and re-badged...
I'm not specifically familiar with the Mark Levinson systems in the Lexus but I'm pretty sure there not Pioneer. I know the standard Lexus systems are made by Pioneer or JBL. However Mark Levinson is part of the Harman group which includes JBL and Infinity. So if anything the Levinson is a probably a re-badged JBL system.

In either case the B&O system is made (or rather designed) by them.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:56 AM

Oh and B&O is Danish
Old 04-03-2009, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by coyotefreek
I'm not specifically familiar with the Mark Levinson systems in the Lexus but I'm pretty sure there not Pioneer. I know the standard Lexus systems are made by Pioneer or JBL. However Mark Levinson is part of the Harman group which includes JBL and Infinity. So if anything the Levinson is a probably a re-badged JBL system.

In either case the B&O system is made (or rather designed) by them.
When you say, "made by them" are you referring to Pioneer, JBL, The Harman Group, or Infinity?
Old 04-03-2009, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Toecutter
When you say, "made by them" are you referring to Pioneer, JBL, The Harman Group, or Infinity?
By them I mean B&O
Old 04-04-2009, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Ill chime in here since im Danish. B&O is a danish electronics company based in northern Jutland a peninsula connected to Germany. For those of you who dont know Germany, its a big country in Europe that makes nice cars.
B&O became famous on their design and have been around for 80 years.Sleek, elegant and really ahead of its time. They used to use Phillips hardware, but i believe they have their own development now. The company has always been innovative and tried to enter various markets. They even made an electronic shaver back in the 40s. A few years ago they launched a cell phone or two, which i believe was flop. Their main focus now its the home electronic systems such as Beolink and various others. And of course their deal with Audi.
I inherited my grandmothers B&O TV and radio which made me a happy teen through the late 80's and early 90s.
If you want kick *** design and a decent sound, B&O is the way to go, but its extremely expensive. If you are all about the sound and tech there are much better and cheaper brands out there.