A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

A4 for Christmas

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Avant4Adam
let it go mofsteel, let it go.
+1
Old 12-20-2010, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ksalno
Getting my wife a new A4 for Christmas. Car is at the dealer and will be delivered on 12/23 with a big red bow on top. Car is spec'ed as follows: Monza Silver over Black interior, Prestige, S-line sport package, 6 speed, grill strips, and all weather mats. I'm getting the dealer to swap out the summer tires for a set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS, since it's already started to snow around here. Other than a careful inspection and making sure we get the iPod cable, is there anything else in particular I should look for at delivery?

My wife is coming out of a B7 A4 2.0 TQ with 6 speed, so I don't think it will take much getting used to for her.
Before you take possession or the keys.. take photos of the whole exterior and interior of the car. I inspected my car, (and took photos) ... went home, 3 hours away. and realize that I had black spots in my tail light.. something had melted inside. I called up the dealer and they denied it. I e-mailed the guy the photos, of the car on his lot, with the timestamps, and they backpedaled real fast. Replaced the tail light the next week.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ports
Before you take possession or the keys.. take photos of the whole exterior and interior of the car. I inspected my car, (and took photos) ... went home, 3 hours away. and realize that I had black spots in my tail light.. something had melted inside. I called up the dealer and they denied it. I e-mailed the guy the photos, of the car on his lot, with the timestamps, and they backpedaled real fast. Replaced the tail light the next week.
Good for you ports and good idea. I just took a few exterior shots on my current ride when I picked it up on Friday. Didn't take any interior shots at all. Next time .
Old 12-20-2010, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Old Dog
Good for you ports and good idea. I just took a few exterior shots on my current ride when I picked it up on Friday. Didn't take any interior shots at all. Next time .
Thanks.

I didn't know to check on the ipod cable. The guy told me it was in there, and I got home.. it wasn't. So I called him up and told him it wasn't there. He then told me it wasn't included with my model, and I explained to him "yes it is you jackass" . [I had a 2009 P+ with NAV] .. he says he'll talk to the manager and get back to me. In the meantime I called up AoA. An hour or so after that, the dealer calls me back and says the manager approved giving me a free cable and I could pick it up when I was in town again. I get a phone call from AoA the next day to let me know the dealer forgot to put it in the car and would give me a new one, and that I could pick it up or have it mailed to me.

Idiots. Since then I've called my sales guy twice to ask questions about my car, etc.. and he's never returned, or took my phone calls. The service department has been fine.

The car info sticker that goes in the back window.. that said my ipod cable was included.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delivered 12/23

Delivery went flawlessly. My wife was totally shocked and very happy with color, options, etc. The sales person did a great job of taking her through the difference from her B7. The MMI is completely different, more like my S5 but with even some improved features. The 2.0T feels like it has more grunt than the 2005.5 even though the HP difference is small. She loves the S-line and sport suspension. Monza silver is a great color and these camera phone pictures don't do it justice.

Merry Christmas, everyone.
Attached Images     
Old 12-25-2010, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Awww..

How sweet!
Old 12-25-2010, 08:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Very smooth! Happy holidays
Old 12-26-2010, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

well done, ksalno, well done!
Old 12-26-2010, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

What was in the boxes in the trunk????
Old 12-27-2010, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by quality_sound
What was in the boxes in the trunk????
A lot of little things but most important was an Audi Accessory seat cover for the back seat. We have a Gordon Setter who frequently rides with my wife and she always made a mess of the leather seats in the B7, despite our attempts to cover them with blankets or sheets. The fitted seat cover should be perfect.

Quick Reply: A4 for Christmas