A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

A4 S-Line vs S4 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A4 S-Line vs S4 Questions

I am between the S-Line and the S4 so i have a few questions in there any way to get the carbon fiber trim on the S-line is the ride hight and suspension on both cars the same. I was thinking of going with a Stasis tune in an S-Line. If someone has driven both the S-line and the S4 what is your opinion does the active Differential make any difrence in the cars.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Since you didn't mention any financial concerns, and you are apparently willing to pay for the Stasis tune, further meaning you are not trying to do anything on the cheap, here is my reply:

Get the S4!

Don't even ponder this any longer, just get the S4!

And. . .

Drive it like you live!
Old 12-04-2009, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Oh yea, and get the torque vectoring diff, it will make a difference!
Old 12-04-2009, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I live in the NYC area money is not really an issue since the price difference is only about 5k between the 2 cars after u add in the Stasis tune. Its just with all the police and traffic i am thinking if there is any reason to just spend the extra 5k. i cant find a dealer next to me who has both an S-line and a S4 to drive so i am asking for opinions lol.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:48 AM
Audiworld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s420merc
I live in the NYC area money is not really an issue since the price difference is only about 5k between the 2 cars after u add in the Stasis tune. Its just with all the police and traffic i am thinking if there is any reason to just spend the extra 5k. i cant find a dealer next to me who has both an S-line and a S4 to drive so i am asking for opinions lol.
Get the S4. Unless you REALLY think you won't ever be able to use the extra power. And even then I'd probably pick the S4, but I'm not the one paying.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Contrarian's view:

Get the S-Line. No doubt the S4 is a cut above in performance, but where do you get to use the extra performance? To me, it's almost frustrating (sort of akin to going to strip clubs... if you follow).

Save the gas mileage, emissions, and expense, and get an S-Line that should meet every one of your daily driving needs, and then some.

My 3 cents.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ok but here's the flip side....

When you buy a S-Line, you're paying a lot of money to look like a S4.

If money is not a signicant concern, I say go ahead and pay a little more to get the real thing.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

i forgot to mention that i also own a 300c SRT-8 with a Diablo tune and exhaust so that satisfies my 0-60 needs lol
Old 12-04-2009, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bob58
When you buy a S-Line, you're paying a lot of money to look like a S4.

If money is not a signicant concern, I say go ahead and pay a little more to get the real thing.
But that's exactly my point. Pay for the looks that you get for the S-Line and the better wheels and tires, etc. I'll pay for that because I get to 'use' that. The extra performance capabilities are just a 'waste.' I know waste is a provocative word, but I just think the utility of the extra performance for a daily driver isn't there - diminishing returns. That, and all things being equal, factor in the negative environmental impact for no real reason.

I think I'm up to 4 cents by now...
Old 12-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got the S-Line (glad I did). I may get the Stasis ECU flash for some extra performance, but I don't take it to the track and I rarely see the highway. To me, it wasn't worth an extra $13k for the additional HP / Performance. Bring that difference down to about $5k and I probably would have gone with an S4.

It really depends on your use-case and how much disposable income you have to throw around!

jd

Quick Reply: A4 S-Line vs S4 Questions