A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

About to purchase.. shades of black?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to purchase.. shades of black?

Greetings. New to the forum. About to purchase a 2009 A4 Premium Plus, Quattro 2.0L, Brilliant Black exterior, black interior, Walnut finish.

I really like a few different exterior colors, but the Brilliant Black brings a smile to my face. Have any folks on the forum regretted going with Brilliant Black from a dirt, scractch, ding, scuff point of view? Would a Phantom Black Pearl be any more forgiving? How does the Brilliant Black hold up to car washes?

Thanks in advance.

plA4keeps
Old 07-22-2009, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a P+ Brilliant Black/Black since May. It is the most eye catching A4 color IMHO. I notice some paint missing on the driver's door edge. I will take it up with the dealer. I never spotted a B8 A4 in Phantom Black Pearl. My recommendation is save the $$ difference and apply it to the sports package and chrome exhaust tips. Every kid in the neighborhood will love it.

I would love to tint the windows but NY has an issue with tinting and I don't need tickets. I bought a $10.00 folding aluminum windshield reflector for parking in full summer sun.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default B41

Hey Barrels41,
Thanks for the reply. Anybody else have thoughts regarding choosing black?

-- plA4keeps

Originally Posted by Barrels41
I have a P+ Brilliant Black/Black since May. It is the most eye catching A4 color IMHO. I notice some paint missing on the driver's door edge. I will take it up with the dealer. I never spotted a B8 A4 in Phantom Black Pearl. My recommendation is save the $$ difference and apply it to the sports package and chrome exhaust tips. Every kid in the neighborhood will love it.

I would love to tint the windows but NY has an issue with tinting and I don't need tickets. I bought a $10.00 folding aluminum windshield reflector for parking in full summer sun.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have a Brilliant Black/Black combo as well and IMO its the most eye popping color next to Nogaro.

However its a nightmare to keep cleen.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default blueexpress

Thanks for the reply. How often do you clean your car and how do you do it? Handwashing? Regular car washes?

plA4keeps

Originally Posted by bluexpress
I have a Brilliant Black/Black combo as well and IMO its the most eye popping color next to Nogaro.

However its a nightmare to keep cleen.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I'm a Phantom black guy myself. Brilliant black is just too thin for my tastes. You pay more for a metallic paint but there's more paint. It's really about what you want not what we say you should want.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by plA4keeps
Thanks for the reply. How often do you clean your car and how do you do it? Handwashing? Regular car washes?

plA4keeps
I agree with AofC RR its really about your taste. If you can, stand next to both and judge for yourself..

As far as washing.. I usually do it once a week by hand.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

There are fabulous car washes in the Bronx
Old 07-25-2009, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

I never saw a Phantom Black to compare with Brilliant Black. My dealer's showroom was separate from the car lot.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I like B Black the best

As you have heard it is a personal thing but I feel nothing looks like BB when it is clean. It will take a lot of effort to keep it swirl free but I think it is well worth it. Enjoy the BB/B combo.

Quick Reply: About to purchase.. shades of black?