A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5
Old 08-12-2016, 09:23 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A4 (B8) Specifications & General Maintenace
Print Wikipost

Any known, widespread problems with the B8 that we know of?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thedriver
oops, unintentionally edited my first post and moved my first post to the sixth...

I currently drive the e90 3 series.
I almost bought that earlier this year, but because I wasn't too thrilled about de-contenting, I decided against it. In the meantime, I test drove the A4 and, while I liked it, it didn't quite wow me like the BMW. And so I decided to wait for the F30. I'm a bit disappointed with the new design, so now I'm trying to decide what to do.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by anoop
I almost bought that earlier this year, but because I wasn't too thrilled about de-contenting, I decided against it. In the meantime, I test drove the A4 and, while I liked it, it didn't quite wow me like the BMW. And so I decided to wait for the F30. I'm a bit disappointed with the new design, so now I'm trying to decide what to do.
The new bimmer looks great in my opinion. They also made it about 10cm longer, still shorter than the A4, but close enough. I like the interior better than that of the A4 - it looks more refined. The A4 will need a serious facelift in 2013 to compete with that.

I like the design cues the new 3rd has taken from the 5 series. The 5er with the M package front bumper looks great. I see 5ers every day and I'm yet to see the new A6 that to me is a disappointment in the looks department.

It will be an interesting competition to watch in the next couple of years.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 545 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by psychodo
yes, that's quite the nose on the car, not a huge fan of front end in profile. Looks like they're borrowing the Audi pop up nav screen as well.
The back of the new 3 is decent, but the front reminds me of Paris Hilton's droopy nose.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Turbo Freak
After reading your post I searched for pictures of the new 3 and could not agree more !

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2012-...#photo-4527153
It seems like they went for the excessively sloped rear section of the roof. The rear deck seems overdone, just like on their 6-series. I don't like the beige steering wheel and dash. I kind of like a black dash and steering wheel. I wish Audi did that too, but they at least use some darker shades for those parts.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There was a design flaw in the power steering return hose that resulted in low speed wheel vibration.

There was a change in the sunroof deflector shape to prevent buffeting of the audio. The smooth edge was changed to a notched one.

There was problem with sunroof switches that broke internal plastic parts.

There was a materials problem with 2.0l rings that allowed rapid wear and resulted in excessive oil consumption.

There is a materials problem with a checkvalve screen in the camshaft lubrication system that allowed rapid cam bearing wear.

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?
Old 10-17-2011, 04:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by JD15
The back of the new 3 is decent, but the front reminds me of Paris Hilton's droopy nose.
haha..that's spot on!
Old 10-17-2011, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Moviela
There was a design flaw in the power steering return hose that resulted in low speed wheel vibration.

There was a change in the sunroof deflector shape to prevent buffeting of the audio. The smooth edge was changed to a notched one.

There was problem with sunroof switches that broke internal plastic parts.

There was a materials problem with 2.0l rings that allowed rapid wear and resulted in excessive oil consumption.

There is a materials problem with a checkvalve screen in the camshaft lubrication system that allowed rapid cam bearing wear.

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?
Wow. Have any of these been addressed in the newer cars, or are they still being built with all these flaws?
Old 10-17-2011, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 386 Likes on 347 Posts

Did anyone mention the laggy auto 8spd transmission?
Old 10-17-2011, 09:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Mr rear door seals are falling off. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 10-17-2011, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by anoop
Wow. Have any of these been addressed in the newer cars, or are they still being built with all these flaws?
Most of those problems were more prevalent with the early B8's, which is to be expected.

Quick Reply: Any known, widespread problems with the B8 that we know of?