A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Apr stage 2, hfc,dv,exhaust. Don't fell power.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 10:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apr stage 2, hfc,dv,exhaust. Don't fell power.

Just had the Apr stage 2 plus, highflow 034 cat, full awe exhaust installed and I didn't notice any power increase. Why is that?
Old 08-06-2010, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

you should ask the guy who did the install
Old 08-06-2010, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vinb8
Just had the Apr stage 2 plus, highflow 034 cat, full awe exhaust installed and I didn't notice any power increase. Why is that?
You should definitely tell the difference, and it will become more noticeable after your ECU adapts to the changes (~1 day). Maybe you are still in the stock program?
Old 08-06-2010, 02:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dirtysoil
You should definitely tell the difference, and it will become more noticeable after your ECU adapts to the changes (~1 day). Maybe you are still in the stock program?
I tried changing programs and the valet program felt really weak so I changed to stock and that felt a little better then I went to 93 octane mode and that felt like stock mode. I left it on 93 mode yesterday and I drove it about 40 miles and still feels the same. Hopefully itl wake up. Any suggestions? Do you think they made a mistake with the settings? 93 octane is mode one, valet is mode 2, and stock is mode 3? Or vise versa?
Old 08-06-2010, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

1 blink per second is stock 2 blinks per second is 91 3 blinks is 93 4 blinks is a higher octane. Thats the correct order I believe. Here is a link as well to the manual the dealer should have given you.

http://www.goapr.com/support/dpp_emcs_instructions.pdf

Last edited by jkownz; 08-06-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jkownz
1 blink per second is stock 2 blinks per second is 91 3 blinks is 93 4 blinks is a higher octane. Thats the correct order I believe. Here is a link as well to the manual the dealer should have given you.

http://www.goapr.com/support/dpp_emcs_instructions.pdf
Actually they can program the order anyway you want. You have listed the default order for programs. On mine I have it set up like this: 1-stock 2-93oct 3-91oct 4-100oct

Like jkownz said, the APR dealer should have given you a book stating the programming order and instructions on how to change to the different programs and features.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hopefully you find it and figure it out. If i had all that work done i would definitely feel the difference. I just have the APR Stage II and A full A.W.E exhaust and when i switch to stock to 93 octane i notice a big difference.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Did your check engine light come on after the apr ecu upgrade? Cuz mine did and the apr dealer where I had it installed said he spoke to apr and they said it is either spark plugs or coil packs. Does this mean my car looses power? I don't want to take it back to the dealer because of the mods.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

No check engine light (CEL) here. I have never experienced bad plugs or coilpacks, but I can imagine that if there was something wrong with them, you would lose power.

I would set the ECU to stock mode, clear the fault codes, and lock it out. Drive for a bit in stock mode until you throw a CEL, then take it into the dealer.

If they ask if the car is chipped, TELL THEM NO! No matter what they say, don't let them know. A lot of dealerships are clueless about mods, so they might not even notice the exhaust. Either way, the exhaust would not cause the plugs or coilpacks to go bad. Therefore, they can't deny you warranty work.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

No check engine light (CEL) here. I have never experienced bad plugs or coilpacks, but I can imagine that if there was something wrong with them, you would lose power.

I would set the ECU to stock mode, clear the fault codes, and lock it out. Drive for a bit in stock mode until you throw a CEL, then take it into the dealer.

If they ask if the car is chipped, TELL THEM NO! No matter what they say, don't let them know. A lot of dealerships are clueless about mods, so they might not even notice the exhaust. Either way, the exhaust would not cause the plugs or coilpacks to go bad. Therefore, they can't deny you warranty work.
What if the check engine light doesn't come back on after I put it into stock mode, lock the ecu, and drive it for a while?

Quick Reply: Apr stage 2, hfc,dv,exhaust. Don't fell power.