A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Audi A4 Auto Lease Programs - September 2010

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A4 Auto Lease Programs - September 2010

Audi Auto Lease Programs – Effective September 2010

These lease rates and residuals are provided courtesy of LeaseCompare.com by dealer partners and are NOT for redistribution.

This information is to help you evaluate different lease offers from your Audi dealer and an independent leasing company.

Here’s the scoop

1) Use the data listed below each vehicle model, and the Lease Formula at the bottom of this page, to calculate the manufacturer (captive) lease payment.

2) Compare Vehicle Pricing and Bank Lease programs by clicking on the vehicle model name to see instant lease payments. When available, specials are shown with payments.

3) You’ve done your homework, now choose the best lease and start driving your car!

NOTE: Choosing a lease program, captive or bank, with the lowest money factor and a realistic residual value will provide you with the best overall lease deal.

Message me for help on using this data or leasing in general.

2011 Audi A4 2.0T Premium Sedan
24 Month – Residual 61% of MSRP – .00069 Base Rate
36 Month – Residual 54% of MSRP – .00069 Base Rate
48 Month – Residual 47% of MSRP – .00197 Base Rate

2011 Audi A4 2.0T Premium Plus Sedan
24 Month – Residual 57% of MSRP – .00069 Base Rate
36 Month – Residual 50% of MSRP – .00069 Base Rate
48 Month – Residual 43% of MSRP – .00197 Base Rate

2011 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro Sedan
24 Month – Residual 62% of MSRP – .00112 Base Rate
36 Month – Residual 55% of MSRP – .00112 Base Rate
48 Month – Residual 48% of MSRP – .00197 Base Rate

2011 Audi A4 2.0T Premium Plus quattro Sedan
24 Month – Residual 59% of MSRP – .00112 Base Rate
36 Month – Residual 52% of MSRP – .00112 Base Rate
48 Month – Residual 45% of MSRP – .00197 Base Rate

2011 Audi A4 2.0T Prestige quattro Sedan
24 Month – Residual 55% of MSRP – .00112 Base Rate
36 Month – Residual 48% of MSRP – .00112 Base Rate
48 Month – Residual 41% of MSRP – .00197 Base Rate

2011 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro Avant
24 Month – Residual 63% of MSRP – .00140 Base Rate
36 Month – Residual 56% of MSRP – .00140 Base Rate
48 Month – Residual 49% of MSRP – .00197 Base Rate

2011 Audi A4 2.0T Premium Plus quattro Avant
24 Month – Residual 60% of MSRP – .00140 Base Rate
36 Month – Residual 53% of MSRP – .00140 Base Rate
48 Month – Residual 46% of MSRP – .00197 Base Rate

2011 Audi A4 2.0T Prestige quattro Avant
24 Month – Residual 56% of MSRP – .00140 Base Rate
36 Month – Residual 49% of MSRP – .00140 Base Rate
48 Month – Residual 42% of MSRP – .00197 Base Rate

Residuals posted are for 15K miles/year. Add 2% to Residual for 12k mi/yr and 3% for 10k mi/yr on all terms. AFS acquisition fee is $625.

Lease Payment Calculation Formula:
(Cap Cost – Residual Value) / Term = Depreciation
(Cap Cost + Residual Value) X Base Rate = Interest
Depreciation + Interest = Base Monthly Payment

Terms Used in Lease Formula:
CAP COST = Vehicle Purchase Price (amount financed)
RESIDUAL VALUE = MSRP (window sticker) X Residual %
TERM = Length of Lease in Months (3 years = 36 months)
BASE RATE = Dealer’s Buy Rate (dealer can mark this up for profit)

NOTE: The manufacturer (captive) lease programs provided are for reference only. Base Rates may vary by region. Your dealer has the option of offering you a higher rate.

Compare Lease and Loan Payments for Used Audi Models HERE

Visit Auto Lease Insider for leasing info you won’t find anywhere else!
Old 09-20-2010, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm looking at an A4 Prem Plus on a 36 month lease.

The summary below shows an attractive base interest rate, however, the residuals are very low (compared to BMW and Infiniti).

Also the residuals get lower as you move up the option list: Premium @55%, Premium Plus @ 52%, and Prestige @ 48%.

Nobody with any financial intelligence would lease a Prestige at these rates?
Old 09-20-2010, 09:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I tried to lease a 2011 prestige and my sales rep at Audi talked me out of it. The Prestige residuals make this a silly lease. Better to buy if you are going to get a Prestige... like I did. My 2011 Prestige gets delivered in November.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by TyTy
I tried to lease a 2011 prestige and my sales rep at Audi talked me out of it. The Prestige residuals make this a silly lease. Better to buy if you are going to get a Prestige... like I did. My 2011 Prestige gets delivered in November.
Only silly unless you're planning on buying out the lease at end of term. All factors have to be taken into account including current cash outlay, cost of money, etc. before a decision as to which is best for any one person.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Only silly unless you're planning on buying out the lease at end of term. All factors have to be taken into account including current cash outlay, cost of money, etc. before a decision as to which is best for any one person.
No silly under all circumstances. How can anyone justify paying 52% of the car cost for 3 years of use? With BMW and Infinity you are only paying for 40% for 3 years of use.

If you like the Audi A4 Prestige buy the car - don't lease it.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by looking@audi
No silly under all circumstances. How can anyone justify paying 52% of the car cost for 3 years of use? With BMW and Infinity you are only paying for 40% for 3 years of use.

If you like the Audi A4 Prestige buy the car - don't lease it.
As I wrote, If one were planning to keep the car and buy out the lease at the end, the net result of varying residuals only affects buyout cost against the cap cost during the lease period. This could be an option for someone who could not afford the usually considerably higher payments of buying vs. leasing for the first 4-5 years but might be in a position to buy it outright at lease end. As I also wrote, there are many variables to consider outside of simple residual factoring. Residuals not withstanding, to say it's always better to buy vs to lease (or vice versa) at any time does not take into account all the factors and personal situations of a buyer.

I agree that a lease with a low residual wouldn't make sense if you could afford the higher payments of buying for the first few years. Or, if you were planning to walk away at lease end, a lower residual could hurt. Or one could say they don't want the hassle of trading or selling at lease end. Better yet, like I did, if you just bought the car outright from savings, that's probably even better right now. With the miserable savings interest rates these days, I figured it was the better option to just pony up the cash. If I was twenty five again, I couldn't afford to do that on a $45K car. Again, different strokes for different folks. It's never just simple though.

BTW, comparing another brand's residual is not really a valid comparison for the purposes of this discussion. If you want an A4, you'll figure a way to obtain it. Lease, buy, whatever. If you're trying to base a brand purchase on total return on investment, buy a horse. While still a depreciating asset, horses do it more slowly. And upkeep is less. Maybe.

Last edited by snagitseven; 09-21-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

If you're trying to base a brand purchase on total return on investment, buy a horse. While still a depreciating asset, horses do it more slowly. And upkeep is less. Maybe.
I'm not sure I understand your horse analgy (or any of your logic), but where I live the upkeep on a horse is CONSIDERABLY more expensive than a car.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

As I wrote, If one were planning to keep the car and buy out the lease at the end, the net result of varying residuals only affects buyout cost against the cap cost during the lease period. This could be an option for someone who could not afford the usually considerably higher payments of buying vs. leasing for the first 4-5 years but might be in a position to buy it outright at lease end. As I also wrote, there are many variables to consider outside of simple residual factoring. Residuals not withstanding, to say it's always better to buy vs to lease (or vice versa) at any time does not take into account all the factors and personal situations of a buyer.

I agree that a lease with a low residual wouldn't make sense if you could afford the higher payments of buying for the first few years. Or, if you were planning to walk away at lease end, a lower residual could hurt. Or one could say they don't want the hassle of trading or selling at lease end. Better yet, like I did, if you just bought the car outright from savings, that's probably even better right now. With the miserable savings interest rates these days, I figured it was the better option to just pony up the cash. If I was twenty five again, I couldn't afford to do that on a $45K car. Again, different strokes for different folks. It's never just simple though.

BTW, comparing another brand's residual is not really a valid comparison for the purposes of this discussion. If you want an A4, you'll figure a way to obtain it. Lease, buy, whatever. If you're trying to base a brand purchase on total return on investment, buy a horse. While still a depreciating asset, horses do it more slowly. And upkeep is less. Maybe.
Very well put. Bottom line, it’s a matter of ones finances and personal preference. Could not have phrased this better myself.

“BTW, comparing another brand's residual is not really a valid comparison for the purposes of this discussion. If you want an A4, you'll figure a way to obtain it.” – exactly, unless you’re just looking for any luxury brand to drive with the lowest monthly payment possible.

My personal opinion, Infiniti and Acura do not play in the same league with the German trio.