A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5
Old 08-23-2016, 04:16 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all:
Print Wikipost

Audi A4 - CVT - Problems????

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes,I have athought to share...NEVER buy ANY Euro car,or any car for that matter,with a AUTO trans and 100K miles!
You are essentially buying a car near the end of its designed "service life" and anything past 100K you are buying a liability.
If you HAVE to buy a 100K mles car,buy a manual trans,chances are,a clutch replacement will be your biggest issue,not complete CVT trans at close to 10K.
You stated this car has had MAJOR work done to it before 100K,what do you think happens after 100K? The car do not get "more reliable",this is the mileage where a lot of stuff starts crapping out,AC/electonics/interior materials/you name it.
If you are going to buy a Euro,spend the money up front and buy something low mileage/good condition and get a AT-Q if you have to get a high mileae auto. aving 20+years in the VW/Audi repair field,I would never buy any auto with anything near 100K.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cvt

I have an audi a4 06 b7 1.8t 20v 7 speed, is it cvt transmission?, it have not keek , i think 95% it is cvt
is the torque converter in gearbox? I want to change the fluid of torque converter
Thanks for your help in advance
Old 12-03-2016, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Big turbo TT
Yes,I have athought to share...NEVER buy ANY Euro car,or any car for that matter,with a AUTO trans and 100K miles!
You are essentially buying a car near the end of its designed "service life" and anything past 100K you are buying a liability.
If you HAVE to buy a 100K mles car,buy a manual trans,chances are,a clutch replacement will be your biggest issue,not complete CVT trans at close to 10K.
You stated this car has had MAJOR work done to it before 100K,what do you think happens after 100K? The car do not get "more reliable",this is the mileage where a lot of stuff starts crapping out,AC/electonics/interior materials/you name it.
If you are going to buy a Euro,spend the money up front and buy something low mileage/good condition and get a AT-Q if you have to get a high mileae auto. aving 20+years in the VW/Audi repair field,I would never buy any auto with anything near 100K.
hii know this is a very old thread but what i say may help some owners
i have a audi a4 2.0lt non turbo ALT engine with the fsf cvt 01j transmission
I know the cvt isnt one of the most reliable boxes ever made but they can be repaired so if you have the following fault it can be fixed
my audi with 205,000 km would drive fine when cold up till about 10 minutes of driving then
from a stop especially on an upwards hill all forward creep would be lost with an increase in reves 1500 the forward gears would engage ...if your lucky... and then jump stall or spinn the front wheels
no fault codes were logged no flashing prnd lights so tcm was fine
i removed tbe cvt transmission what a pain using a online pdf pulled the 2 rear cases off to expose internal filter, seals and front forward cludch assembly
then purchaced a gasket kit with seals sensor wheels etc , internal filter$230 a complete recoed 7 friction plate assembly $550 delived to australia in 3 days from a company called cvt nz online
lucky for me the clutch assembly had already been replaced years ago if your not sure if its been opened up have a look at the date stamped on the internal filter my filter was made in 2005 so obviousky wasnt installed during the 2002 manifacture so the software had been upgraded and after 5lts of new valvoline cvt fluid $92 and adapltion the car now drives fine
i also removed / replaced the oll inline filter to cooler with a magnefine filter so hopfully if you have this problem this fix may be of benerfit to you, just one other thing a good tec using vag com can also help narrow down what the problem area can be but they need to know what their looking for
anyway good luck
Old 03-12-2020, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Hi a6 cvt

A6 2002 cvt .changed spark plugs and it stopped jumping at low speed accelerstion.but has started doing it again.would a new coil pack help.thanks
Old 03-29-2020, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Arcadia21
A6 2002 cvt .changed spark plugs and it stopped jumping at low speed accelerstion.but has started doing it again.would a new coil pack help.thanks
Did the coil packs cure your problem? This is common issue with these cars and should do the trick. The transmission is fine, don't worry that the cvt is causing this jumping as you call it.
Old 10-08-2020, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default A6 2012 Sedan 2.0T CVT gearbox

Hi Guys
My issue with my car is the transmission overheating sometimes...
I bought the car last year, its was made for Singapore location, had it imported to Namibia...
at 100k i did a gearbox oil change with the top gearbox oil filter.. After doing that ...i drove it hard for a distance of 150 Km when it gave me the warning of gearbox overheating...adapt your driving style...
Ever since then when ever i "sometimes Again" i drive for more then 40 Km at speeds of 180+, I get the gearbox warning

I need help to resolve this issue ....