A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Audi Certified? Chewed up seat belt buckles?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Certified? Chewed up seat belt buckles?

Should I complain about the 2 seatbelts that are chewed up? there are a few other issues that should have been taken care of via audi cert too. not happy right now. I will let some of the scratches go, but cant let everything go.

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 06-14-2010, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BiturboA6
Should I complain about the 2 seatbelts that are chewed up? there are a few other issues that should have been taken care of via audi cert too. not happy right now. I will let some of the scratches go, but cant let everything go.

Thanks,
Brandon
Can you clarify and/or provide pics?
Old 06-15-2010, 07:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Did you buy the CPO yet? If not just have them fix EVERYTHING now. I just bought a CPO and made them replace two tires and refinish the rims before I signed off. The issues I saw had past the CPO review....I think the CPO inspection is pretty much BS but thats just me.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I saw a Certified Pre-Owned Lexus on the local Lexus dealer lot the other day which had moisture built up on the inside of one of its headlight assemblies. Seriously? Certified?

Take the Certified label from any dealer with a grain of salt. The extent of these certifications seems to be just to put the sticker on the car. It's a used car, and you need to go over it with a fine-tooth comb and have them fix anything which isn't up to your standards.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by heybuzzz
The issues I saw had past the CPO review....I think the CPO inspection is pretty much BS but thats just me.
The whole CPO thing is a money maker for dealers. The only thing about the cars that is worth anything is the extended warranty. There have been cases where dealers sold cars that had previous body work as CPO. Easy enough to do when you rely on the notoriously unreliable Carfax service (the requirements state it has to be clean).

Doing your own pre-purchase inspection is essential with any used car... even CPO. Bring a VCDS (if you own one, otherwise generic OBD-II will do for most problems) and scan the onboard computer, a $50 paint thinkness tester and a good eye for masking lines, and make them put it up on a lift so you can check underneath. If any dealer gives you resistance to doing this (or taking it to an indie mechanic to check) may be hiding something. Doing some homework like looking at the title history from the state DMV (if you can, some states don't make it public), and vehicle inspection history (if your state has them) can lead to some insights on previous ownership and care as well.