A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

audi financial 1st months payment

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the program in effect, or not? I am looking to get an A4 in the next couple weeks...

- Mike
Old 02-03-2010, 07:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Funny thing is when I originally called Audi Financial (Monday of this week), they had no idea and referred me to the dealer as they would know.....what? I wondered how the dealer would have better information than the financing company themselves. Anyhow, I called back yesterday, spoke with someone armed with information, and was told that this promotion had ended (damn!). She mentioned to frequently check the audiusa website as promotions change.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hmmmm - Facin...

That's quite interesting- since you had "financed" the car to take advantage of the "free first payment" the payoff amount would have included some finace charge - did this not negate the first month payment credit? Or in other words- how did you get around this?

I just paid off my car and the "payoff" amount is different than what is owed (principle plus interest) or what the financed amount is (orginal principle)...

Originally Posted by Facin
They had a special going on...not sure if it is still going on. They did have this, and prompted me to finance with as close to a $1k payment a month as I could get (they would only pay up to $1k). I let them pay the first payment and then I paid the car off...so I looked at it as an extra $1k off the price the dealership was already giving me.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by akabraham
That's quite interesting- since you had "financed" the car to take advantage of the "free first payment" the payoff amount would have included some finace charge - did this not negate the first month payment credit? Or in other words- how did you get around this?

I just paid off my car and the "payoff" amount is different than what is owed (principle plus interest) or what the financed amount is (orginal principle)...
I did the same thing... the monthly payment was slightly more than $1k, so Audi Financial paid exactly $1K. The interest per month was about $120, so the total cost of the car was reduced by ~$880.

-Dave
Old 02-23-2010, 05:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by akabraham

as baintree said...it does not end up being exactly $1k off. You get a finance charge of a month...so it was closer to $900 discount