A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Best color for B8 Avant!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wanderer1980
Thanks, James! It does look surprisingly well on the Avant! What package do you have? Prestige? Or Premium Plus with the 18" wheels? Do you have more photos please?
It's my Dad's car, so I would have ordered mine slightly differently. It's a Premium+ with 18" wheels and NO sports package. Personally, I would absolutely get the sports package, for the seats alone. The panoramic sunroof is just awesome; it's one of my favorite features on my X3. Lastly, the stock stereo is OK, but I would definitely get the upgraded stereo option.
Unfortunately, I don't have any more pics. But, I'm going back to my parents house in New York in a couple of weeks (I live in Seattle) and can take a few more.

-James
Seattle, WA
2006 BMW X3 (manual, sport, premium)
2006 BMW 330Cic (manual, sport, premium) SOLD
1998 Audi A4 2.8Q (tiptronic, sport, Bose) SOLD
Old 04-07-2010, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm just a little biased but I think it looks good.

I had Brilliant Red and Amulet Red Audi's before and the wife doesn't like silver. I don't want black or nearly black or white so it really narrowed it down. I'm glad we choose it.
Attached Images  
Old 04-07-2010, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Yes!!!

Originally Posted by hans007
aruba blue looks great.

i drove a meteor gray loaner avant once, and it looked good, but not in that HOT DAMn sort of way.

if you can find an aruba blue go for it. i though about getting my sedan in that but they are really rare.
Thanks! You completely nailed it!!! The Meteor Gray Avant that I saw the other night was nice. However, it really did not give me that "WOW, I WANT THAT!" kind of feeling!!!

So far, only Brilliant Red and Aruba Blue have given me that excitement and Quartz Gray comes close too.

Since I will be ordering, I can get the Aruba Blue! Thank you to all of your great opinions. The great photos really help too - thank you! Decisions, decisions...

BTW, do you guys like that wood trim? I am wondering if that metallic trim looks too spartan with the black interior? Does the wood really warm it up inside for you?
Old 04-07-2010, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Scotty (UK)
I had Brilliant Red and Amulet Red Audi's before
Hi Scotty - did you find Brilliant Red hard to maintain? How's Aruba Blue in terms of the maintenance and looking clean?
Old 04-07-2010, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I have not tried the sports seats...

Originally Posted by iamthewalrus
It's my Dad's car, so I would have ordered mine slightly differently. It's a Premium+ with 18" wheels and NO sports package. Personally, I would absolutely get the sports package, for the seats alone. The panoramic sunroof is just awesome; it's one of my favorite features on my X3. Lastly, the stock stereo is OK, but I would definitely get the upgraded stereo option.
Unfortunately, I don't have any more pics. But, I'm going back to my parents house in New York in a couple of weeks (I live in Seattle) and can take a few more.

-James
Seattle, WA
2006 BMW X3 (manual, sport, premium)
2006 BMW 330Cic (manual, sport, premium) SOLD
1998 Audi A4 2.8Q (tiptronic, sport, Bose) SOLD
Hey James, thanks! I have not tried the sports seats so I am a little nervous ordering the Sports Package! Moreover, I actually like the 18" 5 spoke rims better than the one with the Sports Package... that is just a personal preference!

I am definitely going for B&O! It's so much better than the regular Audi system. I love the B&O - the other nice stock one that is similar would probably be the Acura ELS system on the new TL. That is great too. The BMW Logic 7 on the 3 series does not sound good to me at all. Very muffled sound and not much clarity at all.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

I seem to be in the minority here, but I _like_ silver - probably all those cheesy Flash Gordon movies when I was a kid with the silver rocket ships taking off

Anyway, the Avant I have on order is Ice Silver Metallic. This'll be my third silver Audi, and my wife is currently driving a silver '04 B6 A4. Living in New England, I consider silver the most practical color - for four or five months a year any other color is going to look really crappy unless you hit the car wash almost every day. My wife is not in love with silver, but when she looked at her green Subaru compared to my silver Audi, that's what she chose when she left the Dark Side.

- Dennis
Old 04-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Since I will be ordering, I can get the Aruba Blue! Thank you to all of your great opinions. The great photos really help too - thank you! Decisions, decisions...

BTW, do you guys like that wood trim? I am wondering if that metallic trim looks too spartan with the black interior? Does the wood really warm it up inside for you?
Good choice on Aruba Blue. I wouldn't say the dark wood on black interior warms it up, but to me it adds a bit of refinement and interest to it that you don't get with the metallic trim.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Wow I like Aruba too, but gotta rep Quartz.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well if it's not Ibis then I would go Quartz Gray and then Aruba.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks! You completely nailed it!!! The Meteor Gray Avant that I saw the other night was nice. However, it really did not give me that "WOW, I WANT THAT!" kind of feeling!!!
I ordered a Meteor Avant and had it for 6 months. I was relieved that Audi forgot quattro as it meant I didn't have to keep it. Perhaps it's the UK weather but it never felt special.... just kind of grey.

Hi Scotty - did you find Brilliant Red hard to maintain? How's Aruba Blue in terms of the maintenance and looking clean?
Brilliant Red never managed to look as deep, glossy and wet at the Amulet but did clean up well. I had it for 5 years and in that time I fell out with it as in bright sunlight it looked a bit washed out and orangey.

Swissol wax helped keep the cleam though.

On the Aruba I had it prepared by a valeter and it's sealed with Blackfire. It definately seems to hide the dirt better than the red.

However despite what I've said about Meteor if you want a car that hides dirt then that seems to but then IMHO it never looks sparkling clean.

Can I just add that I don't wish to offend any one's colour choice and it's always a very personal decision. I'm colour blind so if I've upset anyone just blame my medical condition :-D

Quick Reply: Best color for B8 Avant!