A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Best color for B8 Avant!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh my gosh, Swag On, I thought I was all set on the color choice, that was until I saw your photos! That Quartz Gray Avant is really nice! It's so very elegant and it really shows off the body lines so very well!!! I love it!

Now, I guess Quartz Gray is once again a potential choice!!! :-)

BTW, are the rear lights LED on the 2010 Avant?
Old 04-08-2010, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by SWAG ON
Wow I like Aruba too, but gotta rep Quartz.
Hey Swag On - are those the 19s on your Avant? Is the ride rough at all or are you pretty pleased with it?
Old 04-08-2010, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Scotty, thank you again for your helpful answers!

Color choices are such a personal thing, aren't they? I also think that some colors work so much better on particular vehicles. Going back to the example of the Meteor Gray, it is absolutely amazing looking on the A5/S5 and the S4. Somehow personally, I thought it was just OK on the Avant.

In fact, my favorite A4 Avant color is not even available in the States - it's that metallic red that was shown everywhere before the launch of the new A4 a couple of years ago. That is a really classy red color. I have no idea why we can't get all these nice colors (exterior and interior) in the States!!! Sigh...
Old 04-09-2010, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Do you find silver more practical than quartz gray?
Salt and slush are present in my area too... sorry but can't wash my car daily.

Originally Posted by brothers
Living in New England, I consider silver the most practical color - for four or five months a year any other color is going to look really crappy unless you hit the car wash almost every day.
- Dennis
Old 04-09-2010, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by thegradas
Do you find silver more practical than quartz gray?
Salt and slush are present in my area too... sorry but can't wash my car daily.
It seems to me that the lighter the silver, the less it shows road salt and water spots. It's hard to tell from the brochure, but it looked like Ice Silver was lighter than Monza Silver, so I went with Ice.

- Dennis
Old 04-09-2010, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks Danny.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Dennis... sorry.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Don't forget for a mere $2500 you can special order just about any color under the sun.

I went brilliant black and am very happy (and so is my neighborhood car wash). Thought about aruba, but my wife hated it. SWAG, your quartz looks amazing. Saw a picture of a lava grey S-Line Avant (think it is availabe across the pond) - that color fit the car perfectly, would have been my first choice.

It's amazing how different a color can make a car look, and how certain colors look so different on certain cars.

Have fun picking!
Old 04-09-2010, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SWAG ON
Wow I like Aruba too, but gotta rep Quartz.
great car dude. My fav audi rims. no surprise they look great on the B8. Question- chrome tips are they std with PP or are they now available from Audi?
Old 04-09-2010, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

AvantMore, I agree that the Quartz Gray looks amazing! It is currently my color choice right now.... but it is subject to change! LOL! Anyway, I really don't think that I would like to part with $2500 just to get a color of my choice... hmm... I did see your Brilliant Black Avant on another thread - it does look very nice! However, having had a black car for years now, I am ready for a change... esp. in this northern climate here! It will only look good for 2 seconds before it gets dirty again. Sigh...

Quick Reply: Best color for B8 Avant!