A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Body scratches solutions needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hobbes
Sounds like you need to get a better insurance company then.
Exactly my thought. You're being bullied by your ins. There are too many good companies that wouldn't have done that too you.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilverA4
Exactly my thought. You're being bullied by your ins. There are too many good companies that wouldn't have done that too you.
I'm using Geico and I have been always believe they are providing the best rate. I used have country-wide and Geico beat them on rates and I have called starte-farm once before and asked a quote for a brand new car (2007 Honda Civic Si), and they also couldn't beat Geico's rate.

Do you have any other insurances that would beat Geico's rate?
Old 11-18-2009, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Geico is notorious for increasing rates and/or dropping drivers who make claims (even just one). They drop follks for all sorts of other reasons also. They keep their rates low by avoiding customers who make claims or pose the risk of doing so.

Just think of how low they have to keep their payouts to offer good rates and still pay for all that relentless & expensive television advertising.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geico is notorious for increasing rates and/or dropping drivers who make claims (even just one). They drop follks for all sorts of other reasons also. They keep their rates low by avoiding customers who make claims or pose the risk of doing so.

Just think of how low they have to keep their payouts to offer good rates and still pay for all that relentless & expensive television advertising.
I agree with all the points mentioned above. I'm a good driver that's why I have been with Geico for a long time.

However, Geico may not be the best car insurance choice for a new driver.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'm insured with geico and actually find them to be really good. Two years ago my car was hit while parked twice within 6 months (on the same block! no note either!), each time costing over $3k to fix. And they never raised my premium. And about a year ago I got a speeding ticket going 85 in a 55, and no rate increase for that either. I think other factors like age, and years you've been driving matter more.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tgdA4
I'm insured with geico and actually find them to be really good. Two years ago my car was hit while parked twice within 6 months (on the same block! no note either!), each time costing over $3k to fix. And they never raised my premium. And about a year ago I got a speeding ticket going 85 in a 55, and no rate increase for that either. I think other factors like age, and years you've been driving matter more.
Interesting data point, and one that differs from many others I've heard. I'm not saying that Geico is a bad company, just that their focus is on insuring good drivers, and drivers that make claims don't fit their model. Perhaps the fact that your car was hit while parked tempered their response, or perhaps they are changing their practices.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:35 AM
equ
AudiWorld Member

I have a negative impression of geico. Someone with geico rear-ended one of my previous cars. Getting it fixed properly was like pulling teeth. They pushed their "quality shop network" very hard...
Old 11-19-2009, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Interesting data point, and one that differs from many others I've heard. I'm not saying that Geico is a bad company, just that their focus is on insuring good drivers, and drivers that make claims don't fit their model. Perhaps the fact that your car was hit while parked tempered their response, or perhaps they are changing their practices.
I have a negative impression of geico. Someone with geico rear-ended one of my previous cars. Getting it fixed properly was like pulling teeth. They pushed their "quality shop network" very hard...