A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Canadian "Sport Package" Vs US S-Line (some dealer help required)

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canadian "Sport Package" Vs US S-Line (some dealer help required)

Alright, i've been looking @ the new B8 platform for a while now.

I <u>want</u> a 2.0T
I <u>want</u> the Bang &amp; Olufsen sound system.
I <u>want</u> navigation.
I <u>want</u> push button start.
I <u>want</u> a 6spd.
I <u>want</u> the S-Line seats\interior.
I don't really care about the 19" wheels (18" will do... i'll use em for winter or something and get myself some summer rims like some here)

I have only 1 issue. I'm north of the border. We only get the S-line in the 3.2. The dealer is offering a "sport" package for the 2.0T

<b>My question is twofold. My options?</b>
1. Is the A4 a north american spec car? Or do they have 2 different models. Can Audi USA sell me what I want? Will Audi Canada service it?
2. What are the true differences between the "sport" and the "S-Line". I know of a few (wheels, seats, exterior side panel trim) but are their any other ones?

Thanks for any help\advice you guys can give.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Some answers

1. Audi of America cannot sell you what you want. You could buy a used one. Sure they'll service it but I don't know if the warranty will remain intact.
2. S-line in the US adds brushed aluminum trim, S-line badging, a different rear diffuser, sport suspension, 19" wheels, and sport seats with alcantara inserts. Sport cars only get sports seats, suspension and wheels.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Aren't the front and rear lower bumper pieces different too?

Aside from the black plastic vent blades and silver foglight surrounds, the actual body colored portions of the front bumper are slightly different between S-line and regular/sport package models. The contour of the rear bumper around the diffuser panel is also slightly different. I honestly don't know why Audi decided to make 2 separate designs with such subtle differences, but they did.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

You know that there's a Canadian forum section, right?
Old 01-26-2009, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

...um, I thought that this was an NA forum, and the question is part US anyway...
Old 01-26-2009, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I wanted 2.0/manual/s-line, too, but no dice...

If I did not HAVE to get the car now, I would wait until the fall, because I bet that they will have 2.0T S-Lines for the 2010 model year. Unfortunately it is either get the Sport Package now or a different car altogether - I am not in a position to wait it out.
If I was not in a lease situation (through my own company), I would see about financing one from the US.

The S-Line is so much nicer than the standard Sport Pack. The S-line black headliner is so nice (although some guys in southern climates don't like them cuz of heat), the contrast stitching and alcantera on seats. The brushed aluminum trim is nicer than the hologram aluminum trim. The 19s are much nicer than the 18s, too. front and rear lower bumbers and side skirts and door sill plates. All that extra is about $1500 more than the sport pack, which is a great price.

My original plan would be to only do minor cosmetic mods to the S-Line, but now the plan is to do cosmetic mods to the Sport over the next year or two. Which will cost a lot more than the $1500. And a few performance mods, too.

Good luck. I have been pi$$ed off about this for months.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thanks for the info Spacecadet! I feel ya! :\

I might wait for the 2010 actually. I don't have a lease situation like you. My current car is just getting old.

I was going to wait for the Q7 to check out the 3G NAV that is suppose to be in the 2010 A4. Also, I was going to cross my fingers for the S-Line A4 2010 2.0T Canadian model!

You mentioned financing the S-Line threw the US... I keep getting conflicting reports... Some people are saying you can't buy a new Audi from the state and bring it over. The dealer around here said they will honor warranty for US cars. (They said any North American Audi dealers should honor all Canada\US Audis)

Thanks for the input!