A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Changing Bluetooth Ringtone

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 08:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing Bluetooth Ringtone

I've tried to read the manual to figure out where to change this but can't seem to find it anywhere. Hopefully I just missed it and it is changable.

Does anyone else find the ringtone for incoming calls over the A4's bluetooth connection very shrill/piercing? Does anyone know of a way to turn it down? Whenever the phone rings, it scares the living crap out of me.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

I don't think there is a way to change it, but I have found that turning down my phone's ringer lessens the volume of the in-car ringer. At least to a level that is not as startling.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hm... that doesn't seem to work for me. I'm connecting via an iPhone 3G.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:45 AM

I can't provide a solution, but I can concur with the hope someone can help solve the problem. I'm fortunate the ring hasn't caused me to drive off the road or die of a heart attack yet, it's so loud. Turning down or even muting the Iphone volume has no effect. My former Motorola Razr phone caused no problems.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

there is no way to change it
Old 04-03-2009, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by eskayo
I've tried to read the manual to figure out where to change this but can't seem to find it anywhere. Hopefully I just missed it and it is changable.

Does anyone else find the ringtone for incoming calls over the A4's bluetooth connection very shrill/piercing? Does anyone know of a way to turn it down? Whenever the phone rings, it scares the living crap out of me.
Try reducing the volume using the volume **** while it's ringing, maybe that will set it....
Old 04-03-2009, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'll double check this weekend. I have an iPhone 3g as well and always keep it on vibrate so I turned the ringer tone to the lowest setting.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

To change the in-car ringer volume, hit the radio button (or aux), then select the SOUND option (lower right). From there, scroll to the bottom and select VOLUME. You can adjust the volume setting for the telephone ringer from there.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmmmm? Mine mimics the ring tone on my phone (soothing, mellow).
Old 06-08-2009, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Bump. Avantsc - the only option I have in Volume Control is 'entertainment suppression', which, if I read the manual correctly only affects the Audi Parking System, which I do not have. No other controls that I can figure out, either through RTFM or flipping through combinations of screens.

I also get the shrill, piercing, almost dangerously-startling ring, using an iPhone 3G. Adjusting the phone volume has no effect.

This shouldn't be phone-hardware related, right? But it seems like non-iPhone users above have no problem with the sound or are able to modulate it with the phone's volume control. And shouldn't be carrier related...

Anyone have any new info?

Quick Reply: Changing Bluetooth Ringtone