A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Changing Bluetooth Ringtone

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Toecutter
Hmmmm? Mine mimics the ring tone on my phone (soothing, mellow).
Mine does as well. 2G iphone plays whatever iphone ringtone I have selected through the speakers.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by eskayo
I've tried to read the manual to figure out where to change this but can't seem to find it anywhere. Hopefully I just missed it and it is changable.

Does anyone else find the ringtone for incoming calls over the A4's bluetooth connection very shrill/piercing? Does anyone know of a way to turn it down? Whenever the phone rings, it scares the living crap out of me.
Exactly, its embarissing, they should fix it quick
Old 10-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gmoney
Mine does as well. 2G iphone plays whatever iphone ringtone I have selected through the speakers.
Did you adjust any of the settings? If so, please advise.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by littlepandy
Exactly, its embarissing, they should fix it quick
APPLE dont have a fix they just suggested to put iphone 3Gs on silent, so while you dont get 2 ring tones going off simultaneously you still get the shrill default AUDI ringtone. There also doesnt appear to be any settings in bluetooth to change it to something more. Not happy.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The Audi MMI is A2DP only. So if your phone has A2DP, your ringtone from your phone will play through your speakers in the car.

If your phone is not A2DP the default Audi ringtone will play, which, yes...is a little scary.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

The default bluetooth ringtone is one of the things I dislike most about my car...
Everytime it rings, it scares the crap out of me.

I wish there was a way to turn it WAY down, or just turn it off completely - I mean I don't need a friggen siren letting me know my phone is ringing. I can hear/feel my phone vibrate when getting a call...

Audi did a poor job in deciding what sound levels we like...
It's not just the phone ring - the sound volume when you start the car is also WAY too loud. That also scares the crap out of me... I mostly listen to my iPod through AMI - when I start my car and drive away, the AMI needs to "initilize" so there is a delay between when I drive off - and the radio blasts my music....

At least make these things adjustable Audi...
Old 02-09-2010, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hi all,

First off you can adjust the volume setting by clicking the TEL MMI button, then SETUP and finally Telephone Settings. You can adjust the ring tone volume as well as the call volume. IIRC you can also adjust this while it's ringing with the volume ****.

What I did find strange after reading this thread earlier today was that both my phone and the car ring when a call comes in. It would be nice to have just the one or the other. I don't mind the car's ring tone...

I am using a BlackBerry World Edition. Anyone else noticing this?

Thanks in advance,

Perry
Old 02-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

my spare Nokia - the phone's ringtone comes through the speakers
on my blackberry I just get the Audi tone
Old 02-12-2010, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The first few days of having the car (A4 Avant Prem Plus), I experienced the siren-like, shrill incoming ringtone. Called the dealer but he wasn't sure of the fix either.

My understanding is that it can be controlled via MMI if you have Nav, but if you don't have Nav, like myself, you can only adjust the volume with the volume **** during the incoming ring and during the phone call. The last volume you had it set to is what it's going to be the next time you receive and make a phone call.

For example, calling from my house phone to iphone, I was able to turn down the incoming ring to a bearable level. I answered it and during the call, I cranked up the volume of the call. Hung up, called back and it was the unbearably loud ringtone. Turned the volume almost down all the way, hung up, called back and the ringtone was soft again.

Not ideal because there aren't two volume settings(for ringtone and during the call) so if you have to turn up the volume during a call you'll need to remember to turn it down by the end of the call or you will experience the heart-attack siren ring in your car.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by poker838
my spare Nokia - the phone's ringtone comes through the speakers
on my blackberry I just get the Audi tone
Interesting. My BlackBerry 8800 series rings while in the car along with the car's ring tone. Not a massive bother but I for one don't mind the car's ring tone and would default to that. I guess I could just set up a profile on the BB for in car use...unless someone knows of a way around this without doing that.

Thank you in advance,

P

Quick Reply: Changing Bluetooth Ringtone