A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Clear Bra

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear Bra

Could someone tell me a little about the clear bra, and is it worth the money?
Old 10-27-2009, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have it on all of my cars, but I hate stone chips with a passion.

Try to find the best installer that you can. Plenty of references, etc.
The 3M material is the same for the most part. It comes in different thickness for different portions of the car (bumper, headlights, etc.) The installation is key, however.
How much you would like done is up to you. The material is not as smooth as paint, and a line of separation is visible, (some colors show it more than others).
So if don't want to see the transition line, for example on the hood, you may consider getting the whole hood covered.
Prices range from $800~$1200 for a front end coverage with mirrors. If you want full fenders and hood, expect to pay more, of course.
Best to have it applied before the car sees any road time, I usually get it done before taking delivery of the car.

HTH,
pino
Old 10-27-2009, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Short answer is yes, Tagez.

First time you follow someone down a gravel road or through a construction zone, it'll pay for itself.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

How does this appear on white cars? I've seen it on some white cars and it seems after a while you can see where it ends (I suppose the dirt builds up along the line)?
Old 10-27-2009, 05:43 PM
dk1
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by nyte3k
How does this appear on white cars? I've seen it on some white cars and it seems after a while you can see where it ends (I suppose the dirt builds up along the line)?
On the parking lot in my office there is an older car with a clear bra - maybe 5 years old. It looks terrible - the bra part looks dirtier than the rest of it. The entire bra, not just the end line really stands out. I am sure it's not dirt but some discoloration with age. The look of that car pretty much made me decide against it. I have some pretty nasty stone chips but IMHO it's better than the aging bra.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by dk1
On the parking lot in my office there is an older car with a clear bra - maybe 5 years old. It looks terrible - the bra part looks dirtier than the rest of it. The entire bra, not just the end line really stands out. I am sure it's not dirt but some discoloration with age. The look of that car pretty much made me decide against it. I have some pretty nasty stone chips but IMHO it's better than the aging bra.
I was also worried about finally removing the bra... it would be the cleanest part of the car, and might be noticeable.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have had clear bra on every car since 1997 I had my 2010 S5 full front wrap head lights fogs a pillars above windshield rockers door sills and inside of door handles. I also have my 2004 dodge ram done since 04 never have yellowed still looks the same as the day I got it done but YOU NEED TO USE ONLY 3M clear bra I paid a grand for my clear bra but that was with window tint
Old 10-28-2009, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nyte3k
I have the VentureShield clear bra on my white 2009 A4 and it looks great. Find a good installer. I've heard VentureShield is better than 3M but 3M now owns VentureShield so there must be a reason they wanted it.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I paid about $550 for the full front bumper, headlights and side mirrors. I opted to not do the door sills and door handle cups.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I personally think that it looks worse than stone chips, but thats my opinion, you might like dirty line on the hood...

Quick Reply: Clear Bra