A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Considering my first Audi

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Status update on my situation:

I think I'm settling on a compromise. As much as I really, really want the Advanced Key feature available in the Prestige, the forced 19" sports package is kind of a deal-breaker.

So, if/when I go with my new A4, it'll most likely be a P+, B&O, NAVI & Sports Package.

I'm considering meteor grey or black w/black interior.

My test drive with the S4 was probably a mistake in hindsight... that S4 moves like my car should move. But at $52k, it's really another order of magnitude in cost above what I'm looking to spend. It also makes me realize why if you're going to go A4 Prestige + S-line, you might as well go S4 since a lot of that is built-in for not much more $$.

I won't miss the memory seats too much, but I'll certainly miss the advance key. And I'll be mighty pissed if they reconfigure the models for 2012 to make advance key available in the P+ package later this year.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JonDeutsch
Status update on my situation:

I think I'm settling on a compromise. As much as I really, really want the Advanced Key feature available in the Prestige, the forced 19" sports package is kind of a deal-breaker.

So, if/when I go with my new A4, it'll most likely be a P+, B&O, NAVI & Sports Package.

I'm considering meteor grey or black w/black interior.

My test drive with the S4 was probably a mistake in hindsight... that S4 moves like my car should move. But at $52k, it's really another order of magnitude in cost above what I'm looking to spend. It also makes me realize why if you're going to go A4 Prestige + S-line, you might as well go S4 since a lot of that is built-in for not much more $$.

I won't miss the memory seats too much, but I'll certainly miss the advance key. And I'll be mighty pissed if they reconfigure the models for 2012 to make advance key available in the P+ package later this year.
I think you'd be really surprised at how good the 19s ride, especially on a stock suspension. If it was me, I'd do the Prestige w/Sport and find someone to trade you their 18s + cash. You'd have more offers than you can shake a stick at.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by quality_sound
I think you'd be really surprised at how good the 19s ride, especially on a stock suspension. If it was me, I'd do the Prestige w/Sport and find someone to trade you their 18s + cash. You'd have more offers than you can shake a stick at.
When you say stock suspension, do you mean stock sport suspension, or 19" on the non-sport suspension?

I presume you have a Prestige with sport suspension & 19" rims? AW tires or summer rubber?
Old 02-17-2011, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JonDeutsch
When you say stock suspension, do you mean stock sport suspension, or 19" on the non-sport suspension?

I presume you have a Prestige with sport suspension & 19" rims? AW tires or summer rubber?
19s on the sport suspension. Personally, I wouldn't drive the car with the non-sport suspension with ANY sized wheel. It's just WAY too "74 Cadillac" for me.

I haven't taken possesion yet but as I'm told the S-Line and all 19" sport packages come with summer tires which is fine with me. I run a winter setup over here anyway.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by quality_sound
19s on the sport suspension. Personally, I wouldn't drive the car with the non-sport suspension with ANY sized wheel. It's just WAY too "74 Cadillac" for me.

I haven't taken possesion yet but as I'm told the S-Line and all 19" sport packages come with summer tires which is fine with me. I run a winter setup over here anyway.
OK, as you have not taken delivery yet, are you sharing your perspective with me on the 19" sports package based on a test drive? Where do you live? I just wonder if the roads near you as pothole-y and rough as the roads in SE PA?

Can you somehow articulate how compliant the ride is with descriptors and/or comparisons to other cars (because there's just no way I'm going to gain first-hand knowledge of 19" sport in this area)?

I'm obviously struggling with this because some reviewers even say that the 18" sport package is rough... I didn't find it to be particularly rough at all compared to my 2005 TSX. But my fiancee's low-profile 18" rims on her Soul make for a very rough and jerky ride. I don't want to accidentally end up with a ride that I'm not comfortable with in exchange for Advanced Key.

Any info appreciated. Thx.
Jon