A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

constant clicking noise!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Default constant clicking noise!

Been driving my 2011 A4 Avant P+ for some over a month now. Really enjoying it except for this constant clicking noise that is non-stop and occurs even over smooth interstates.

It almost sounds like two pieces of leather or plastic sticking/rubbing together. When in the driver seat, it sounds like its coming from the back, when I sat in the back with the fiancee driving it sounded like its coming from the front. It is currently driving me Bat S&*T crazy!

I think I have perhaps narrowed it down to the pano roof. Did a search and saw there was a TSB for this, but my car being a MAY 2011 build I am assuming the running change was implemented.

1) does anyone have a copy of the TSB
and
2) has anyone else had this problem and if so how/was it corrected by dealer

Obviously I will take it to the dealer, but the last thing I want on my brand new audi is the dealership removing the roof panel and inducing more noises and rattles!

Otherwise still enjoying the car.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had my 2011 Avant since May. The dealer has done the TSB twice (which is basically lubing) and each time has assured me that the problem was fixed. It didn't take more than a few minutes of driving before the creaking returned. Has anyone been able to have the problem permanetly fixed, if so how? To some a little clicking noise is no big deal but this is way beyond annoying. It never stop. It is impossible to ignore. Even with the windows down and music blasting you manage to here it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sadly my 2012 Avant has the same... actually two different noises from the roof area, a creak/clunk over bigger bumps, and the softer clicking over even smooth roads.

I'm waiting for the 5k service to ask the Dealer to look into it, unless I really get fed up and schedule it before.

For now, as Sirius is free, and the B&O sounds great - I'll crank the tunes and try to ignore it ;-)

I'll post my experience after the dealer visit.

-SpaghettiPie
Old 09-09-2011, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Have you tried pushing against the sunglass holder? There is a rattle coming from mine. Going to put a small piece of felt in there.