A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Couple questions about new audi and dealer..

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 04:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I told them what I want and they refused so I am moving on to another dealer. I don't think that's unreasonable. As I said before Barg, you might like being pushed around and not getting what you want but I don't. It has been my experience that once you have purchased the car that dealers wash their hands of you which is why I want everything on the car when I take delivery. Then if there are any issue after the test drive I walk away. I don't think that's too hard to understand really. You and they might think I am being difficult but I see it as getting what I want. If they aren't willing to make me happy then I simply won't deal with them and they won't get my money. I don't mind waiting and saving the $800 by ordering one to make sure I am safe and happy. Surficity offers the best advice. You just want to tell me you think I am difficult. I want what I want for my hard earned money and they either do it or they don't. Any dealer worth their salt would go the extra mile for the customer. If they won't then they aren't worthy of my time or money. Period, end of conversation. Thanks for your opinions all.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

I don't get pushed around. Just make that clear.

In fact I got 18% off MSRP on a Brand new Avant left over P+ in a color combo quite acceptable. Thats $8000 off sticker and the dealer did not loose money on a $44,000 sticker. You got $800? But you got Exactly what you wanted. I never set foot into the dealership and never left a deposit.

I get service from the dealer that is great and when there is human error, and there is that from time to time Im not a dick about it. Thats not getting pushed around. They compensate for any inconvenience and usually make it up to me somehow.

Keep us posted on how smooth things go for you! Good luck!
Old 02-04-2011, 04:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think I have decided to go with another brand altogether. Audis are nice and I love the interior but I think I am going with something that is much sportier, faster, has many more options and costs $10k less. It doesn't have quattro or a sweet interior like the A4 but for $10k plus more options I think I can live with that. I just can't see spending $36-37k for a car and getting treated like $h1t for it. Thanks for the input all. If something changes and I decide on the A4 for whatever reason then I will be sure to post pics. Take care.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 545 Likes on 366 Posts

What did you decide to buy?
Old 02-04-2011, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

So, a week later after starting this thread and all the angst he went through, and advice given, the OP decides to buy a different brand. What a pointless exercise and waste of forum space. Wow.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
So, a week later after starting this thread and all the angst he went through, and advice given, the OP decides to buy a different brand. What a pointless exercise and waste of forum space. Wow.
Relax ITG. It was not a waste of time as I learned how snooty and unaccommodating Audi dealers can be and decided my money was better spent some place else. Life is a learning experience. I still love the A4 and have just as much right to post and peruse this forum as anyone else. I already mentioned that I appreciate the comments and advice that SOME people here have left. You sir are not included in that list. The A4 is still not out of the question but the other car is a much better value so far from what I can tell. I am going to test drive it tonight or tomorrow.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:09 AM
dk1
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by j0nx
Relax ITG. It was not a waste of time as I learned how snooty and unaccommodating Audi dealers can be and decided my money was better spent some place else. Life is a learning experience. I still love the A4 and have just as much right to post and peruse this forum as anyone else. I already mentioned that I appreciate the comments and advice that SOME people here have left. You sir are not included in that list. The A4 is still not out of the question but the other car is a much better value so far from what I can tell. I am going to test drive it tonight or tomorrow.
The dealer that you worked with, not Audi dealers. A few years back I went to a Honda dealership and had the worst experience in my life. Rather than giving up on the brand I went to another dealer. While it was further by another 15 miles from my house but I was treated right and got what I wanted.

Anyhow, don't keep us in suspense, what other car are you considering? In other threads you can see VW, Acura, even Ford. Just curious.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dk1
Anyhow, don't keep us in suspense, what other car are you considering? In other threads you can see VW, Acura, even Ford. Just curious.
Yeah, what is it?
At some point I had doubts too. I had already placed an order for an A4 and out of curiosity, I decided to built myself a Camaro (I mean online). Wow! You can get a 426hp orange beast with 20" wheels for $32k delivered. On paper and picture this looks unbeatable. Seeing one in person, it was the small details that I didn't like. For some reason it looked to big and overwhelming to me, a brute in comparison with the A4.

Last edited by gunsmoker; 02-04-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

It is a Nissan Altima 3.5SR coupe 6MT loaded out the door for $26.5k which is almost to the penny $10k cheaper than the A4. Different class of car for sure but the speed and handling performance is calling to me and I can keep my Mustang Convertible instead of trading it as a DP for the Audi. I am test driving a black one tomorrow but they don't have my color (navy blue) anywhere within 1000 miles with the 6MT so they would have to modify a canceled order in progress at the factory. I looked at the GTI and it was too smallish. The Accord V6 coupe is very nice but I hated the wheels and it was $1500 more but the interior was awesome. I may hate the car tomorrow after seeing it and be back to square one but on paper it looks like the best deal money can buy AND it has a backup camera standard which is something the A4 lacks until you get into the much pricier models. The interior, however, looks suspect in pictures so we will see. The Audi dealer near me still promises he can order my car for $34800 (over $800 cheaper than the nasty dealer) out the door with SP, BT, ipod, heated seats and tips so in the end I may relent and order one for a summer delivery, just in time to give up my convertible Thanks for putting up with me.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

J0nx, I hope the Altima is to your liking, if not, I wonder how the Nissan dealer will deal with your request to make changes prior to purchase if you are interested.

I own a Pathfinder (my wife drives it) and you are correct, they come loaded. I have a service appointment tomorrow so I will check out the 3.5SR coupe and see how it stacks up against my 2011 A4.

Never settle!

Quick Reply: Couple questions about new audi and dealer..