A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Crappy Dealer "John Holtz Audi" Rochester,Ny

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crappy Dealer "John Holtz Audi" Rochester,Ny

Took my 09 Audi A4 for 5k service. I have VMR V708's in and asked them for a high speed wheel force balancing. I said I would pay of course. They call me six hours later to tell me that the tires that I bought from the dealer all four of them have flat spots. I couldn't believe this because I use my car daily and check my tire pressure all the time. They told me they wouldn't call up Pirelli tires to get credit for all new ones since they were "Defective". So I didn't believe there bull**** and brought my car to a near shop and they checked all four of my tires and let me in the work area to see that not a single flat spot was on any of the four tires. To top it all off they wheel balanced my car and noticed all four tires had to many weights on them. (Reason I asked them for a wheel force was a vibration above 70+mph). I officially will never go back there again. To top it all off I specifically asked them not to wash my car and they did anyway......when I just washed and waxed it myself. Overall customer service was terrribbbleeeeee. They didn't answer any of my q's and bull****ted me back and forth.

If anyone knows a good Audi service Dealer please post or PM I would be VERY grateful.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 74 Likes on 30 Posts
Default poor dealer service

Originally Posted by jkownz
Took my 09 Audi A4 for 5k service. I have VMR V708's in and asked them for a high speed wheel force balancing. I said I would pay of course. They call me six hours later to tell me that the tires that I bought from the dealer all four of them have flat spots. I couldn't believe this because I use my car daily and check my tire pressure all the time. They told me they wouldn't call up Pirelli tires to get credit for all new ones since they were "Defective". So I didn't believe there bull**** and brought my car to a near shop and they checked all four of my tires and let me in the work area to see that not a single flat spot was on any of the four tires. To top it all off they wheel balanced my car and noticed all four tires had to many weights on them. (Reason I asked them for a wheel force was a vibration above 70+mph). I officially will never go back there again. To top it all off I specifically asked them not to wash my car and they did anyway......when I just washed and waxed it myself. Overall customer service was terrribbbleeeeee. They didn't answer any of my q's and bull****ted me back and forth.

If anyone knows a good Audi service Dealer please post or PM I would be VERY grateful.
just from observing the many e-mails regarding service, it would seem that poor service is an epidemic in the new york/new jersey area. am i missing something?
don c.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rochester is in western NY. No where near NY City. I have used Mohegan Motors in northern Westchester, Manhattan Audi and Classic Audi in Mount Vernon and have had no complaints.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:44 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know exactly how you feel, unfortunately there isn't much you can do except perhaps going to Buffalo or Albany Audi Dealers. What I can do for you is to let you know that most likely your vibration at 70mph has nothing to do with your tires or rims but with defective 'Control Arms' mounted in your vehicle by the manufacturer.

I bought my vehicle at Holtz back in early 2008, detected that same vibration in my vehicle and it took me several visits to the dealer, tons of crosswords and unreliable theories with their service staff. I heard the flat tires theory, the 'bent' rims theory, the road-force-balance theory. I ended up learning through this and other forums about defective control arms mounted on Audi's and so I contacted Audi of America, their answer: We don't have any information as far as any defective control arms issue with any vehicles, please follow your dealer steps towards a solution. Their solution was me buying 2 brand new rims and 2 new tires worth $1900.00 and see how that would end the vibration. However, vibration persisted with new set of tires and rims so their final conclusion as stated in their service receipt: Evidently!.. Control Arms are the issue! Now.. check this out: They contacted Audi of America and shockingly!! they put me on a 'Control Arms' waiting list that appeared out of nowhere where hundreds of Audi owners had the very same issue and needed new control arms, so there it goes your Audi Customer Service approach, seriousness and respectfulness towards customers.

Anyhow... I waited 6 weeks or so and control arms arrived, Holtz installed those and vibration was gone. I contacted Audi of America several times and 'read them their "rights"' and their answer is: 'Sir, if you are not happy with Audi, buy another car next time! ( I will )

My suggestion to you:
Take your car back to Holtz, park it, give them they keys and have them give you a loaner. Ask them to fix the vibration and call you when it gets done. Do not go back to the dealer unless your vehicle has been fixed 100%.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

If you are willing to take a drive, Maguire Audi (previously Bill Cooke) in Ithaca, NY has been great to me. Very professional and knowledgable service department.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:06 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am considering taking my vehicle to Dorschell Lexus Service next time for my oil service and see how that goes. I was there once picking up my friend's RX350 and I was shocked at how clean and neat their facility is in comparison to Holtz, personnel were all wearking clean jackets, acted professionaly and corteous, cars were treated as human being almost, looked more like a hospital than a service-shop, not to mention their customer's waiting lounge with a fire place and free drinks as opossed to a walking aisle and end of the 20th century vending machine at Holtz.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:24 AM
Banned

try sutherland in Pittsford or Universal Imports in Penfield, johny holtz is known for selling imports and contributing charitable donations in the area rather than for servicing customers on those expensive sold vehicles. I bought my S5 in buffalo as a token of appreciation to holtz for my previous service in the past and most of friends went elsewere as well. in time he might get the picture one day and hopefully one day put some effort and cash into upgrading his shop and training his community college mechanics into the real world of a german masterpiece and customer service excellence.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by spaniardone
I know exactly how you feel, unfortunately there isn't much you can do except perhaps going to Buffalo or Albany Audi Dealers. What I can do for you is to let you know that most likely your vibration at 70mph has nothing to do with your tires or rims but with defective 'Control Arms' mounted in your vehicle by the manufacturer.

I bought my vehicle at Holtz back in early 2008, detected that same vibration in my vehicle and it took me several visits to the dealer, tons of crosswords and unreliable theories with their service staff. I heard the flat tires theory, the 'bent' rims theory, the road-force-balance theory. I ended up learning through this and other forums about defective control arms mounted on Audi's and so I contacted Audi of America, their answer: We don't have any information as far as any defective control arms issue with any vehicles, please follow your dealer steps towards a solution. Their solution was me buying 2 brand new rims and 2 new tires worth $1900.00 and see how that would end the vibration. However, vibration persisted with new set of tires and rims so their final conclusion as stated in their service receipt: Evidently!.. Control Arms are the issue! Now.. check this out: They contacted Audi of America and shockingly!! they put me on a 'Control Arms' waiting list that appeared out of nowhere where hundreds of Audi owners had the very same issue and needed new control arms, so there it goes your Audi Customer Service approach, seriousness and respectfulness towards customers.

Anyhow... I waited 6 weeks or so and control arms arrived, Holtz installed those and vibration was gone. I contacted Audi of America several times and 'read them their "rights"' and their answer is: 'Sir, if you are not happy with Audi, buy another car next time! ( I will )

My suggestion to you:
Take your car back to Holtz, park it, give them they keys and have them give you a loaner. Ask them to fix the vibration and call you when it gets done. Do not go back to the dealer unless your vehicle has been fixed 100%.
damn! $1900 repairs at your own expense?
Old 01-20-2010, 06:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ROCBOY
try sutherland in Pittsford or Universal Imports in Penfield, johny holtz is known for selling imports and contributing charitable donations in the area rather than for servicing customers on those expensive sold vehicles. I bought my S5 in buffalo as a token of appreciation to holtz for my previous service in the past and most of friends went elsewere as well. in time he might get the picture one day and hopefully one day put some effort and cash into upgrading his shop and training his community college mechanics into the real world of a german masterpiece and customer service excellence.
Only been at holtz for my 5000 free of charge service and days after friend of mine pops the hood to check engine and found washer and other fluids all over due I guess to lids not sealed properly, I mean.. how hard could that be! you open-you add-you close! I also noticed scratches here and there possibly from mechanics bending over front panels to access engine? their staff always have an excuse anyways so I now take my car to goodyear in penfield. I haven't heard good things about sutherland either. You all may be surprised but local shops do a great job when you come in and tell you have heard good things of their shop plus you bring them a nice car to work on.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Banned

"I said I would pay for" were you expecting to have it done for free?? What are VMR's anyways?? did you fix the vibration??

Quick Reply: Crappy Dealer "John Holtz Audi" Rochester,Ny