A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Crappy Dealer "John Holtz Audi" Rochester,Ny

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 05:27 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkownz
Took my 09 Audi A4 for 5k service. I have VMR V708's in and asked them for a high speed wheel force balancing. I said I would pay of course. They call me six hours later to tell me that the tires that I bought from the dealer all four of them have flat spots. I couldn't believe this because I use my car daily and check my tire pressure all the time. They told me they wouldn't call up Pirelli tires to get credit for all new ones since they were "Defective". So I didn't believe there bull**** and brought my car to a near shop and they checked all four of my tires and let me in the work area to see that not a single flat spot was on any of the four tires. To top it all off they wheel balanced my car and noticed all four tires had to many weights on them. (Reason I asked them for a wheel force was a vibration above 70+mph). I officially will never go back there again. To top it all off I specifically asked them not to wash my car and they did anyway......when I just washed and waxed it myself. Overall customer service was terrribbbleeeeee. They didn't answer any of my q's and bull****ted me back and forth.

If anyone knows a good Audi service Dealer please post or PM I would be VERY grateful.
can you post any pics of your 708's here?? Are you still going back to Holtz after such terrible service???
Old 03-10-2010, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

can you post any pics of your 708's here?? Are you still going back to Holtz after such terrible service???

I really have no choice. They are the only Audi service are in a 100 Mile area. If I decided to go to another Dealer that's 100+ miles away, and for some reason, had to leave my car there it would be very difficult for me. Even if I don't, working full time with driving 2 hours+ to a dealer is harsh.My car is my baby on the other hand so I might just do it anyway to avoid bad service or any damages to my car. Side note I have to bring it in to the dealer due to my Door handle auto unlocking feature isn't working on any of my doors. Even when I reset my MMI and factory default it+ trying the spare key.

To your other question, Here is a link of pics I posted few months back. That's my car with the V708's on.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2761982
Old 03-10-2010, 07:34 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really have no choice. They are the only Audi service are in a 100 Mile area. If I decided to go to another Dealer that's 100+ miles away, and for some reason, had to leave my car there it would be very difficult for me. Even if I don't, working full time with driving 2 hours+ to a dealer is harsh.My car is my baby on the other hand so I might just do it anyway to avoid bad service or any damages to my car. Side note I have to bring it in to the dealer due to my Door handle auto unlocking feature isn't working on any of my doors. Even when I reset my MMI and factory default it+ trying the spare key.

To your other question, Here is a link of pics I posted few months back. That's my car with the V708's on.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2761982
WOW!! Those are gorgeous! did you need any spacers or were they a right fit?? Are those 18"?? I want to get 708's in hyper silver.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

No spacers, just did center bore work (that VMR does for a fee at there warehouse before they ship) and your all set. And yes, they are 18's
Old 03-11-2010, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Never had an issue like that with my Audi dealer. My dealership in Sacramento CA has been great so far. The staff is friendly and know a lot about their product.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Banned

Default 10K service at John Holtz...

I got get my 10K service at John Holtz Audi, what can I expect? Anyone??
Old 03-12-2010, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ayecarumba
I got get my 10K service at John Holtz Audi, what can I expect? Anyone??
for me it was ****ty service, lies and they spilled some oil on my motor and did not even care to clean it up.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:25 AM
Banned

for me it was ****ty service, lies and they spilled some oil on my motor and did not even care to clean it up.
bought my car in Manhattan, I am now on assignment in pittsford NY and Holtz seems to be my only option. I heard pretty bad things so far.. smelly greasy interior, stolen items.. where else could I go? where do you service yours now? if I were to pop the hood and found oil residue spilled all over I would pretty pissed off myself.. I heard the service manager is a real deuche, also i've been advised to reject their courtesy wash
Old 03-13-2010, 05:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ayecarumba
bought my car in Manhattan, I am now on assignment in pittsford NY and Holtz seems to be my only option. I heard pretty bad things so far.. smelly greasy interior, stolen items.. where else could I go? where do you service yours now? if I were to pop the hood and found oil residue spilled all over I would pretty pissed off myself.. I heard the service manager is a real deuche, also i've been advised to reject their courtesy wash
my advice is that you talk to paul d'aries, i worked with everyone there and he's the only one that made a difference, he cares. Ask him to plastic-wrap your seat/steering wheel before sending vehicle to shop. I agree on avoiding the 'courtesy wash'
Old 03-13-2010, 07:58 AM
Banned

thanks guys I appreciate the feedback