A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Delivery Day, pics to follow

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 09:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delivery Day, pics to follow

Finally got the call this morning that my ordered car was being taken off the truck and picked it up this afternoon. Prem + w/sport package Brilliant Red on Black. Everything went very smooth and I even ended up with a free AMI cable with a little prodding. One thing that was strange is that they said that there is a new promotion out now where AOA pays your first payment. I had planned on 48months at 3.9 as advertised but they said it had to be 4.9 percent financing with the new deal. So I punched the numbers and saw that I save a whole $30 or so over the 4 years with them covering the one payment and me financing at the higher rate so not a big deal. I'm still ahead.

I had the service dept at the dealership slide my exhaust tip accessories on while I signed all the paperwork and I must say that they're a must buy at just under $100. They should be included on the car but oh well.

This is my first Audi so I can't comment very intelligently about how this sport suspension compares to previous but I can say that it really improves the looks (lowered 20mm) and certainly is noticably firmer. I'm coming from a 10 year old Mercury Cougar with sport suspension so it's much more comfortable than what I'm used to. I thought my test drives on the standard susp. felt a little "floaty" but comfortable, most likely because I was used to a harsh ride.

The sport seats are really nice and supportive and I had fun playing with the paddles (always have driven straight autos).

The only thing wrong so far, other than the weather, is I'm having a hard time getting my LG Chocolate phone to pair up consistantly and download the phonebook. Seems faily likely to be a phone problem and not a car problem. The tech in this car is alot of fun to play with. Now I just have to bide my time till Christmas so i can fill up that AMI bay in the glovebox (wife's orders, she says I've spent enough this month).

Anyway, I'm in NE Ohio and it's been snowing for a week and the car is filthy already but I've got my winter tires on already and I'm not opposed to a dirty car photoshoot tomorrow if I get some time.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

FWIW the tires on my sport package are Mich Pilot Sport PS2 not Bridgestone as I expected
Old 11-21-2008, 02:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats!!! That is one major upgrade.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: FWIW the tires on my sport package are Mich Pilot Sport PS2 not Bridgestone as I expected

Instructions for an A4 B8 oil change procedure

For those enthusiasts who change their oil, would someone please post a detailed method on changing the oil and filter for a A4 B8 in the Resources (Tech) section of AudiWorld. This would be much appreciated.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Delivery Day, pics to follow

Congratulations! It's a great car and I'm sure you'll be as impressed with it as the rest of us are.

I couldn't get my Samsung a870 cell phone to work with all the features in the Audi. It paired fine and will function perfectly using voice commands, but the phone book did not download and I'm having trouble entering information manually through the MMI. If you go to www.audiusa.com/bluetooth , you'll find a list of compatible cell phones by service provider and brand. My Samsung was not on that list, and I suspect your phone isn't either.
Since the phone works with voice commands, I'm not too concerned about it.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"AOA pays your first payment?" Any other specifics? Is this regional?
Old 11-21-2008, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

congrats. reminds me of my first audi pick up excitement.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default congrats! its strange you got ps2s. i got bridgestone re050 on my sport package

i've had ps2s in the past and wasn't particularly impressed. i wonder why they changed?
Old 11-21-2008, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Lucky! I got crappy Dunlops on my S Line
Old 11-21-2008, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy...................

Welcome to B8 group. How did Gary's delivery go. Too bad about the weather but I guess that what Audi's are for. I'm sure you will find lots of features over the next few weeks that you will enjoy. Great color I find it fairly easy to keep clean and look fantastic when waxed.
Just enjoy your new car. I really like that new Audi smell. I have more than one guy tell me it much better than drugs.

Quick Reply: Delivery Day, pics to follow