A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Did I buy a lemon? Or are all audi's like this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did I buy a lemon? Or are all audi's like this?

I bought the car pre owned, CPO. Within 28k of my ownership (65700 on it now) I have had the pistons, turbo, driveshaft bearing, telephone module, airbag sensor 2x, some valve that deals with oil, and mechatronix module for trans all replaced. And now I have a light on my dash that says my lock system is defective. Is it time to sell?
Old 10-15-2013, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

The short answer is YES
Old 10-16-2013, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks! I really appreciate your opinion, I hope more can give me their two cents on my issue, as this is my first dealer bought car, and I don't know if it's worth me paying all this money or not?
Old 10-19-2013, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 231 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by Witt_4rings
I bought the car pre owned, CPO. Within 28k of my ownership (65700 on it now) I have had the pistons, turbo, driveshaft bearing, telephone module, airbag sensor 2x, some valve that deals with oil, and mechatronix module for trans all replaced. And now I have a light on my dash that says my lock system is defective. Is it time to sell?
Last Audi was a 2002 A4, 12 years, 60K miles later I traded for a 2014 Q5. The A4 required 6 ignition coils replaced (recall), 2 sets of tires, 1 set of brake pads, 1 battery. That was it. The car ran flawlessly! The care sat outside for the 12 years and still looked like new inside and out. They gave me $6500 on trade which was a fair price. They listed the car for $13K and it did sell quickly (don't know the selling price).

The Q5 doesn't come close to the 2002 A4 in any way, everything went backwards, quality, performance, handling, interior materials, AC, heating, etc. The only, and I mean ony, new good thing with the Q5 is that it has a SD card to play music. Otherwise I probably liked my A4 much, much, better.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bob Petruska
Last Audi was a 2002 A4, 12 years, 60K miles later I traded for a 2014 Q5. The A4 required 6 ignition coils replaced (recall), 2 sets of tires, 1 set of brake pads, 1 battery. That was it. The car ran flawlessly! The care sat outside for the 12 years and still looked like new inside and out. They gave me $6500 on trade which was a fair price. They listed the car for $13K and it did sell quickly (don't know the selling price).

The Q5 doesn't come close to the 2002 A4 in any way, everything went backwards, quality, performance, handling, interior materials, AC, heating, etc. The only, and I mean ony, new good thing with the Q5 is that it has a SD card to play music. Otherwise I probably liked my A4 much, much, better.
Ugh! Thats exactly how I feel with this car! My 2001 a4 was amazing, which is why I bought this car! I don't know what to do! I bought a 98 a4 few weeks ago and I already like it better! Haha Mechanic at Audi told me he noticed the same thing, which is why he owns a 2003 A6 haha What to do, what to do?
Old 10-19-2013, 07:17 PM
Never Follows

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Sounds like you bought a car with issues. The same thing could of happened with any year and model.
Some people just don't like change and they like to use the excuse "they don't build em like the used to".
To me it's simple if you're not happy then sell it or pay the price to get it fixed.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bob Petruska

Ugh! Thats exactly how I feel with this car! My 2001 a4 was amazing, which is why I bought this car! I don't know what to do! I bought a 98 a4 few weeks ago and I already like it better! Haha Mechanic at Audi told me he noticed the same thing, which is why he owns a 2003 A6 haha What to do, what to do?
Old 10-23-2013, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MonzaAvant
Sounds like you bought a car with issues. The same thing could of happened with any year and model.
Some people just don't like change and they like to use the excuse "they don't build em like the used to".
To me it's simple if you're not happy then sell it or pay the price to get it fixed.
Sorry I'm replying through mobile and for some reason when I replied to you it resent my message to the other gentleman. And I have warranty so I am not paying a dime, except for gas to drive to dealership. I was just concerned about the life of the car after warranty. I have had two Audi's previous to this one, turbocharged engines and they tok were problematic. But I have now learned that the turbocharged engines are notorious for being problematic. Next Audi will not be turbocharged.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default audi a4b8 air condition problem

Hi, i just bought a Audi a4b8 2009 model car. There is a problem with the car air condition. it stops working suddenly without any problem before that. so, i went to a garage at my neighbourhood, they diagnose using the computer. The fault code appearing for the air cond system are j519 vehicle electronic control module faulty and a/c pressure/temperature sensor faulty. The mechanic changed the pressure sensor but still the same. he said the compressor wire no power supply. then, he also checked the j519 module, but no burning or damage with the module. So guys, i really need your help to get my car back to the road. I really miss my car so much. Please give me some solution or idea to get the problem solved. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Karthik Palan
Hi, i just bought a Audi a4b8 2009 model car. There is a problem with the car air condition. it stops working suddenly without any problem before that. so, i went to a garage at my neighbourhood, they diagnose using the computer. The fault code appearing for the air cond system are j519 vehicle electronic control module faulty and a/c pressure/temperature sensor faulty. The mechanic changed the pressure sensor but still the same. he said the compressor wire no power supply. then, he also checked the j519 module, but no burning or damage with the module. So guys, i really need your help to get my car back to the road. I really miss my car so much. Please give me some solution or idea to get the problem solved. Thanks in advance.
If it's electrical check fuses and relays first. Besides that best bet is to take it to Audi and have them diagnose it and then have your mechanic fix it.

Quick Reply: Did I buy a lemon? Or are all audi's like this?