A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

:: ECS Tuning :: 3M Di-Noc Carbon Fiber Wrap Now Available for LESS

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is. If you do a search on the forums you'll find some rave reviews.
Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Sales: 8:30am to MIDNIGHT EST | Customer Service 8:30am - 8pm EST
Questions? PM us for a quick response! | Email: Pete@ecstuning.com
Old 04-19-2010, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ugh! I literally bought a 4x2 sheet from an eBay vendor just last week! Granted I only paid a few dollars more than what ECS is charging, but still! I'm going to do the interior trim and am considering the side mirrors and maybe a couple of other "minor" things.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:30 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by ThePiombino
Ugh! I literally bought a 4x2 sheet from an eBay vendor just last week! Granted I only paid a few dollars more than what ECS is charging, but still! I'm going to do the interior trim and am considering the side mirrors and maybe a couple of other "minor" things.
Sorry we didn't get it up sooner! If it is the 3M stuff you should still post up reviews though. Maybe a couple of pictures so people know how easy this stuff is to work with.
Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Sales: 8:30am to MIDNIGHT EST | Customer Service 8:30am - 8pm EST
Old 04-20-2010, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Chris@ECStuning
Sorry we didn't get it up sooner! If it is the 3M stuff you should still post up reviews though. Maybe a couple of pictures so people know how easy this stuff is to work with.
HAHA, no worries- at least I know where to go from now on. The wrap just arrived yesterday, but I haven't gotten a chance to do anything with the car yet as I'm not 100% sure how to get the trim off the door. Off to do some forum searches now...
Old 04-20-2010, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

OK, so I completed the door/glove box trim project in about an hour and a half- that includes disassembling the trim, the wrapping, and the reapplication of the trim.

All in all it went extremely smoothly. The 3M was VERY easy to work with (make sure you use a blow dryer or heat gun as working without it will be possible, but nowhere as easy).

I've included some B&A's below. I love the look. I left that the silver trim sort of cheapened the interior. It probably would be OK if it wasn't competing the the chrome and aluminum trim already present in the cabin. Nonetheless, as much as I like the dark look of the 3M Di-NOC CF Wrap, I think I might want to remove the pieces and coat them with an epoxy resin to give it a high gloss look. Not 100% on that yet. While I figure that out, here are the B&A's (sorry for the crappy BlackBerry pics. I was in a rush and didn't have time to mess w/the DSLR):
Attached Images    
Old 04-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Looks great! Went in beautifully smooth!
Old 04-20-2010, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Chris@ECStuning
Looks great! Went in beautifully smooth!
Smooth to say the least! Buy this stuff people! And make sure you get it from ECS- I'm sorry I didn't =0(

Just have to warn you of one problem- once you see how easy/awesome this stuff is, you're going to want to wrap EVERYTHING, lol! I've already wrapped the battery door on my cell and I think I'm going to do a few more things in the car. I think the overhead compartment is next!
Old 05-20-2012, 10:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default first post...vinyl brand comparison

So...I've decided to go the vinyl route to accent my new A4 in CF. I need more of a temporary solution but I also need it to be durable and not cheap looking.

My plan is to do the mirrors (except for the slight indent), the window trim (or going to spray with PlastiDip), the rear valance, and the front spoiler. I'm also looking to add a rear lip (painted at first, but maybe wrapped also).

Any advice on which vinyl brand to go with? 3M is always good, but it was manufactured as an "interior" product. There are a few others out there than claim to be "built for outdoors".

I've never worked with vinyl before and I'm planning on doing the wrapping myself. Anything I should pay close attention to?