A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Engine Module Security Access Code Request

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Module Security Access Code Request

Looking to adjust idle rpm on my 2010 2.0TFSI, but need a security access code to unlock the adaptation channels via VCDS. Been told by Uwe they don't have any codes for the engine module access at the present time. Anyone on here know where I can find one to try?
Old 05-28-2010, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'd say you're definitely ahead of the curve on this one. AFAIK, no one has even remotely attempted to do anything of this sort. However, you might try PMing "eboosted" on Audizine, since he seems to be one of the more knowledgeable individuals when it comes to the nitty gritty of engine management, and he seems very fluent in the art of VCDS on his B8.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ItsDubC
I'd say you're definitely ahead of the curve on this one. AFAIK, no one has even remotely attempted to do anything of this sort. However, you might try PMing "eboosted" on Audizine, since he seems to be one of the more knowledgeable individuals when it comes to the nitty gritty of engine management, and he seems very fluent in the art of VCDS on his B8.

Thanks for the contact, I'll see if I can get something going on this. It's actually not that difficult to do, and well worth the effort to reduce in-gear vibration at idle (especially when sitting at a stoplight with the AC running). I did it on my previous 1.8T very early in it's life, and never felt another steering wheel vibration, totally smoothed things out. Have found it usually takes anywhere from a 20-150 rpm increase to eliminate the vibration, depending on the vehicle platform. So far, I've been able to gather the following info for VCDS, but without the access code to unlock the adaptation channel (damn security), it's useless:

Engine Module
Adaptation Channel 001
Example: Changing default value of 128 to 129 raises the idle speed 10 rpm, max setting is 135. Same with values less than default, change by count 1 to raise/lower by 10 rpm.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

what do you want to chage the iddle to?
Old 05-28-2010, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by iflywoe
what do you want to chage the iddle to?
I want to raise it. Even though the 2.0T is much smoother throughout the entire rpm band than the older 1.8T was (due to a number of things, but primarily the balancing shafts), I still find it to vibrate a bit too much at idle when stopped in gear. Raising the idle a small amount will typically resolve the issue. I don't know to exactly what rpm yet, as you typically adapt the value until you don't feel the vibration any longer.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Contacted eboosted on Audizine, and he doesn't have the access code for the engine module either. However, he did give me an older one to try. Will report back if I get that to work. Guess I must be ahead of schedule on this one, which kinda surprises me. Used to be able to do most VAG engine adaptations without security getting in the way. Regardless, I'm sure a code will surface eventually...
Old 06-03-2010, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

No go on access codes used in previous B platform cars. If someone has another one I can try, would appreciate a reply or PM. Once the adaptation channels are unlocked, I'll post a writeup on how to adjust idle rpm.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by B8aruba
No go on access codes used in previous B platform cars. If someone has another one I can try, would appreciate a reply or PM. Once the adaptation channels are unlocked, I'll post a writeup on how to adjust idle rpm.
Doh! Only other individual I can think of that MIGHT know is DavidB8 on Audizine (he's on this forum as well AFAIK, but not as active). I've been working w/ him on a few stuff for his website, so I'll ask him about it and report back.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ItsDubC
Doh! Only other individual I can think of that MIGHT know is DavidB8 on Audizine (he's on this forum as well AFAIK, but not as active). I've been working w/ him on a few stuff for his website, so I'll ask him about it and report back.
Hey, no biggie. Appreciate the contacts and help on this. Good 'ol David up in the frozen tundra was my next stop as well. Wonder if he survived the mud season without incident? Anyhow, once again, thanks.
Old 09-24-2022, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by B8aruba
Hey, no biggie. Appreciate the contacts and help on this. Good 'ol David up in the frozen tundra was my next stop as well. Wonder if he survived the mud season without incident? Anyhow, once again, thanks.
were you able to get security access key for engine module ? I am trying to do same for my C7 line using VCDS. Any feedback will be appreciated!