A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Finally got my A4 b8

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 06:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got my A4 b8

Hello everyone, yesterday I picked up my white A4 2.0t P+ & sport pkg. It is stunning!!! to drive & its looks... I am very impressed.

Details of the deal (IS THIS A FAIR DEAL?):
Final sale price: $36,800
Audi care: $740
GAP protection: $430
APR%: 3.25
Residual: 51%
Downpayment: $3,000
Audi premium purchase pymts per month: 539.xx for 36months @ 12k per yr. (first pymt made by Audi)

My first question on this car: They couldn't find the cable in my car and the sales person gave me an iPod adaptor. But when I some videos, I noticed that the cable had multiple adapters (such as standard aux cable, usb cable & ipod cable integrated into 1 single cable). As part of the Audi music interface, what cable comes standard with the car?
Old 05-10-2009, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 124 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Congratulations!

You will love the sport package. The car rides and handles beautifully.

Btw, I only received one iPod cable with my car. Just a single cable, no multiple adapters. I plugged in my iPod and it showed up in the MMI immediately. Works perfectly.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

In which state did you lease the car? In most states, GAP insurance is included in the lease at no charge by state law?

Is it possible they got you on that? I would check....
Old 05-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Art234
In which state did you lease the car? In most states, GAP insurance is included in the lease at no charge by state law?

Is it possible they got you on that? I would check....
I got the car in VA. But its not a lease, its called Premium purchase (http://www.audiusa.com/audi/us/en2/F...rPurchase.html).
Old 05-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by A4Driver
You will love the sport package. The car rides and handles beautifully.

Btw, I only received one iPod cable with my car. Just a single cable, no multiple adapters. I plugged in my iPod and it showed up in the MMI immediately. Works perfectly.
Yes!!! sports pkg is great, I just went out for a short test drive with my friends and it was awesome!!!
Old 05-10-2009, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Better to ask if it's a fair deal before you make the deal, not after. ; )
Old 05-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SFV A4
Better to ask if it's a fair deal before you make the deal, not after. ; )
I know , but I was in a hurry to get in it... anyways I was just checking now to see if this deal was either too bad, too good or average!
Old 05-10-2009, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I highly recommend you treat it as if it was a traditional lease.

The Premier Purchase option is a bit of a hybrid.

Frankly, over the long term you end up paying very slightly more than you would on either a straight lease or traditional financing.

The advantage of the Premier Purchase plan is it's potential flexability.

If, at the end of the initial term, you want to easily dispose of the car you can turn it in just like it was a traditional lease.

If not, then you can finance the balloon payment, keep the car and are not tied to legally having to turn it in on a set date.

But, for any of that to make real financial sense, the buyer must have treated the car as if it was a straight lease to begin with because excess miles, damage, neglected service will all cost you severely if you haven't and want/need to turn it in.

The Premier Purchase option can be a good deal for buyers under the right circumstances.

But many folks look at "lease to own programs" as, generally, the worst of both worlds.

Last edited by Bob58; 05-10-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll bet the dealer thinks it is a fair deal, he took you like a sheep without benefit of a reach around.

I bet it is a very nice car, with several nice toys, sport wheels and all. I might have bought one in white myself, but I have two white cars in the motor pool now.

For anyone else looking for a car, a unit like this should retail for about $34,200. Find one that was delivered to the dealer 3 to 6 months ago, and you will have plenty of leverage to get him to stop the flooring loss and move the unit to the sold list. Look outside your local area. 300 dealers to choose from, one of them needs your money more than the car.

One glaring red signal I see with this deal is if you elect to keep the car. At that point you will have paid $ 22,836, and still owe 18,768 (residual), but only if that is the baloon amount. They could add $ 2,000 to that for the vacation recapture fund of the sales department. You also don't know what the interest rate will be at that time. If the current occupant of the Whitehouse turns in a presidency equal to that foisted on the US by President Carter, expect 18% car loans to be for the very lucky with 800 fico.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

NOV/08 quoted $2500+$488x36 (sale price $38561) 36mon-15Kmls/Yr for P+/Sport/Nav/Audi-care

Quick Reply: Finally got my A4 b8