A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

FINALLY test drove a 2.0T yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default FINALLY test drove a 2.0T yesterday...

I finally had the chance to get down to Stevens Creek Audi in San Jose to test drive a 2.0T yesterday. The base models they had in stock helped me realize why I should be patient and wait for the S Line, no matter how long it takes. The interior was nice and comfy, but the grey headliner looks totally out of place on a car with black leather interior, so the black headliner on the S Line will take care of that. The base seats were somewhat supportive, but I'm confident that the S Line seats with sport side bolsters and alcantara inserts will be incredible! The exterior with standard ride height looked pretty boring, but I know the more aggressive touches on the S Line kit, topped off with a deep drop on coilovers and aftermarket wheels will look awesome! The car drove very smooth, with no noticeable vibration at idle that I experienced when I test drove a B7. The added power from the new engine was enough to set me back in my seat on hard acceleration. Tiptronic shifting manually made the drive even more fun and I can only imagine how much better it will be with the paddle shifters.

My salesman might have been a little optomistic, but he said his general manager heard that they MIGHT release S Lines for production in the mid-September allocation. I'm not holding my breath, but damn I can't wait!
Old 09-08-2008, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I concur with the statement that waiting for the S-Line package is a "must."
Old 09-08-2008, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone know what the ETA's for the S-line models are?
Old 09-08-2008, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

No official ETA, only speculation
Old 09-08-2008, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

if only s-line was available on prem plus as well =(
Old 09-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: FINALLY test drove a 2.0T yesterday...

I checked out what Steven's Creek Audi had to offer since I intended on ordering a MT B8 Avant when they became available. I went and checked out my options and found a used '08 B7 Avant S-Line that I bought this weekend! It was used with only 4700 miles on it along with the Bluetooth and iPod. I couldn't pass it up since I would be saving close to $15k over waiting for the B8...
Old 09-08-2008, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Yea, but...

...a used, outdated B7 has already lost so much in depreciation. As long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters! Congratulations.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Re: FINALLY test drove a 2.0T yesterday...

I went with the 19" sport package -- and I do believe the seats are the sports seats and the same wheels as the SLINE, but I was able to get WHITE exterior, Cardamom with the dark wook interior -- which, for me, is what I wanted, since I could not get red leather!

The Sline, I am certain, however, will be very nice -- I did not want the SLINE color combo however, so I ended up with SLINE "lite."

Also ordered the Audi accessory (they now have a book) of the chrome tips.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I'm sure that will look great!

The only other thing I'd add is the accessory front lip spoiler with CF blade. I was bummed to find out it doesn't fit the S Line front bumper, but I'll probably just add a CF splitter to the bottom of my bumper instead.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:56 PM

It should be available across all trims. Prestige-only is BS.

Quick Reply: FINALLY test drove a 2.0T yesterday...