A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

First B8 Manual in WA?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 08:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First B8 Manual in WA?

At least that's what my dealer tells me...

Got her Friday evening at University Audi in Seattle. Got a very informative two hour "walk through" with my advisor Ben Moses.

On the way home thought I was going 70, and when I looked down I was clocking 80-85. My wife said "you didn't figure it out when you were flying by all those cars?". My response "NOPE, too busy driving....".

Over the weekend, only put about 200 miles on it. Comparing it to my B6 2002 1.8T, it just "goes" without really realizing it. I naturally have a lead foot, but normally had signs with the sound of the engine at high rpm's, but in this thing, I'm having trouble keeping my speed in check. This is possibly attributed to enjoying the B&O system. The keyless was an after thought when ordered, but so far it seems like a great feature, not only for the start and stop, but also the openning and locking of the vehicle.

The only issue I have is trying to get my mirrors back in the set positions after I start it up and put it in reverse. Time to read the manual I suppose....

Not really into lowering it, if anything, maybe a light tint on the windows, clear bra, and chip it.

B8 2009 A4 2.0T Quattro Manual, Quartz/Black, Prestige.
Attached Thumbnails First B8 Manual in WA?-audi-009.jpg  
Old 03-29-2009, 10:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice! I have the same speed-control issues. I'm going how fast???

Your son is about 3 y/o, right? My 4 y/o already managed to put a few deep scuffs with into the back of my seat with her shoe. Arrggghhh. I've also been making my kids wash their hands before getting into the car. "Don't. Touch. ANYTHING!" "You want to lose those fingers???"
Old 03-29-2009, 11:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

nice! your son has the right idea, get them addicted early
Old 03-30-2009, 03:00 AM

Mine already know about the no eating rule and I havent' even recevied my car yet. We'll see how long that rule lasts.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Very nice car! Gotta love that Quartz/Black combo.

Coming from a 98 A4 the advances in electronics in the last 11 years has me the most impressed.

My B5 is pretty loud with the Borla exhaust so I'm finding it way too easy to speed in my near silent B8.

It's cool that you're driving the first manual B8 in Washington. There are only a few of them on the road here in Colorado.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Very nice! Congrats! That's three Quartz Gray deliveries on this board this weekend!

I don't have the first manual B8 in Colorado, but the dealer told me I have the first in the state configured this particular way (6MT, Quartz, Quattro, Prestige, S-Line, Nav). That's pretty cool I guess. I've never really been an early adopter for anything, but it's good feeling driving something that for now, is fairly unique around here.

As for the mirror thing... My allroad had the auto-dipping passenger side mirror when it was put in reverse. I loved this feature. My recollection is that it tilted back to the memory position as soon as you shifted out of reverse. I've noticed the B8 doesn't behave the same way. What I found is that you need to turn the mirror adjustment **** back to the center or driver position (from passenger) in order for the mirror to return to it's proper position.

A bit different. I think I refer the allroad way of doing things, but oh well.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

He'll be 3 in June. Wife and I were talking about a seat protector after reading your post last night and having the little bugger give his rapid fire Bruce Lee imitation to the back of the seat.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Jay4R, where are the pics?
Old 04-01-2009, 03:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I made my daughter put her dirty back pack in the trunk. Her response was that I was ridiculus. Oh well.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Issaquah Coug
He'll be 3 in June. Wife and I were talking about a seat protector after reading your post last night and having the little bugger give his rapid fire Bruce Lee imitation to the back of the seat.
Maybe you can restrict him to moccasins or have a no-shoes-in-the-car rule...but then he'll hook his toes in the mesh netting and stretch it out. Sigh...

Quick Reply: First B8 Manual in WA?