A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Foot cramps

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 07:31 AM
equ
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could see that... I have a slight right leg problem with my new b8 a4 sport. I think it is piriformis (OP: please google) related. It does feel like a pinch on the outside of my right hamstring/hip area, due to perhaps the sport bolsters or more likely a soft gas pedal that requires me to "hover" my foot. Kicks in after 45min-1hr. Sometimes it doesn't happen.

FWIW, it also happened on my e90 330i with sport seats. Does not happen in my porsche cayman with base seats (that don't even have lumbar). Go figure. I find that thinking about the angle of my right foot on the pedal, and a piriformis stretch helps. Go see a orthopaedist and physical therapist if it gets worse.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

[QUOTE=equ;23883914]soft gas pedal that requires me to "hover" my foot. Kicks in after 45min-1hr. Sometimes it doesn't happen.QUOTE]

I also initially thought that it might be caused by the soft gas pedal as well, but I am not sure anymore. I mostly feel the pain in the arch of the foot and the muscles in the back of the heel are also tense.

If I back off the seat more to change the angle of my foot with the gas pedal, I feel that I cannot pull out the steering enough. It must be a real problem for some as NJRoadFan mention that he bought his car from someone who could not get used to the driving position that was hurting his leg. Hopefully, I will not have to go to this radical solution. Pretty bad if this car brings me to have to consult a orthopaedist and physical therapist...

I guess I will have to keep playing with the seat adjustment, but at 6'4", it is not easy to find the proper balance so that my knees do not hit the steering column, my head the roof...

The A4 is one of the only car I fit in, most of the time the problem is my knee hitting the steering column (like in Subarus)...
Old 11-17-2009, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turbo Freak
I do not know where you got the impression that the seats in virtually any car leave me limping as I said that only my A4 B8 causes me this problem and that I never had this problem in the past...
I wasn't clear. I'm saying that the seats in virtually any car should be good enough to not cause one to have such serious problems (almost limping), and certainly not those of a high-quality manufacturer like Audi. If they are causing such problems for you I would wager the problem is medical and not with the seats.