A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Get out of Lease options?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For NY/NJ Lease, just click the NY/NJ button on top of page

http://www.autopromocenter.com/newyork/car-lease/
For under $300/mo, you can lease a new
Impreza WRX
Nissan 370Z
Infiniti G37
VW Tiguan

Originally Posted by trlyka
Thanks. I am in NJ, but I'm sure there are other places around that offer similar options. The swap lease is a good idea too. I'll look into both.

Last edited by bigdadi; 06-02-2012 at 04:09 AM.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by SFV A4
First off, sorry for your situation. It happens sometimes and it's wise of you to seek out your options.

Here are some ideas...

1) Try to extend your lease. Maybe with a longer term, the monthly payment could drop.

2) Also, try to renegotiate some of your lease terms. Maybe you can cut out some driving and get your annual mileage allotment reduced. This could lower your monthly payment.

3) Look into a credit union. Companies like Lockheed Financial Services offer very low rates. Maybe with a new loan through them, you could significantly reduce your monthly payment, while they end up paying off Audi.

4) Consider selling the car privately now. You will likely get more for it than what the dealer would offer. Then take that amount you get from the sale, pay off Audi, and you are free of your car payment.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Wow! Great ideas!

Option 1.... Not a bad idea....I would hate to give it up. I just wonder what my costs will be with a 5 year lease and a 5 year loan after

Option 2.... I think I already have the lowest mileage. 10k. Any other terms that can be negotiated?

Option 3..... I do have Affinity. I don't even know what the loan rates are at for cars now. Around 4-5% I think. I would assume even a loan doesn't save me any money. I got such a great deal on the '08 after the lease, so it was worth buying. My buy out at lease end is $22,907.50. I think it would cost me over $42k if I financed for 5 years after the lease. UGH. Depending on the rate, a 5 year loan will still be well over $400/mo.

Option 4.....Am I allowed to sell a car that I'm leasing? I didn't know that was an option. I guess it's similar to me buying it from the dealer now before the lease is up? I would have to find out what the dealer wants for it and then hope to sell it for that.

Thanks for the ideas. I hope to figure out a reasonable option.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by gunsmoker
It was obvious that you were pushing it when you bought the car, but you had to have that nav package! Best of luck anyway.
Yeah well....

...and the lights
Old 06-02-2012, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Check the Audi lease 'buy-out' requirement and restrictions online.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You cannot sell a car you are leasing. You don't own it. You can buy out the lease, then buy the car, but I doubt you would have any equity to make a profit.

I wish they would call a lease by its proper name: (f)lease. At the end of the lease you are about $ 5,000 behind where you would be if you simply bought the car and sold it at the end of the equal lease period.

I am not sure why you guys do it.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Moviela
You cannot sell a car you are leasing. You don't own it. You can buy out the lease, then buy the car, but I doubt you would have any equity to make a profit.

I wish they would call a lease by its proper name: (f)lease. At the end of the lease you are about $ 5,000 behind where you would be if you simply bought the car and sold it at the end of the equal lease period.

I am not sure why you guys do it.
He's not trying to make a profit -- he's trying to not have to pay the same monthly payments till next October. However, luxury used (i.e. 3 years old or less) have a very high residual value right now. He may not make a profit but could come close to breaking even. I have a lease that's up next Feb and if I were to buy it out right now (i.e. residual value on my lease contract + remaining lease payments) I could turn it around and sell it for roughly the same that I just bought it out for.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Dealer selling price for used 2011 Prem+ w/nav

$39,680 ...mileage 11k, 13k
and also provide CPO and remain of new car warranty