A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Has anyone got alcantara/leather seats?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone got alcantara/leather seats?

What are your thoughts vs regular leather?
Old 06-03-2009, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It doesn't seem to burn like leather after baking in the sun, and it grips your back on the twisties, making up for the marginal lateral support in the upright part of the sport seats. I really like the way it looks too.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have the Alcantara inserts and can tell you that they seem to be more comfortable in the heat. But I honestly don't know if that's because of the perforation or because of the properties of the material itself (Alcantara is not leather, it's actually a composite cloth made up of polyester and polyurethane). Perhaps both. Either way, nice stuff, feels like suede but has way more durability.

That said, it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me; so long as I still had the sport seats, I'd be just as happy.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't think these are available in the US, correct?
Old 06-03-2009, 06:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by hanma
I don't think these are available in the US, correct?
The Alcantara inserts are available as part of the S-line package for the 2009 models in the US. Not sure if they will be available as a separate option for 2010.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Zendriver
The Alcantara inserts are available as part of the S-line package for the 2009 models in the US. Not sure if they will be available as a separate option for 2010.
I see. In Europe there are two (real) leather options; Milano and Valcano. Does anyone know which one the US model has and what the difference between them is?
Old 06-03-2009, 07:53 AM
Audiworld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see. In Europe there are two (real) leather options; Milano and Valcano. Does anyone know which one the US model has and what the difference between them is?
In the US you get either Milano leather (as an upgrade), or a grade of leather below Milano as standard. Valcona is not available.

In the S4 (and only the S4) you can order Nappa leather which is a very high grade.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by scottacus
In the US you get either Milano leather (as an upgrade), or a grade of leather below Milano as standard. Valcona is not available.
How can you upgrade to Milano from the 'below Milano' leather? I have not seen any options that would upgrade the leather?
Old 06-03-2009, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Zendriver
You need Sline to get them.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Audiworld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How can you upgrade to Milano from the 'below Milano' leather? I have not seen any options that would upgrade the leather?
Apologies - I had a brain fart. The Milano upgrade is only available on the A5, not the A4. So it looks like if you want upgraded leather the S4 is your only option.

Quick Reply: Has anyone got alcantara/leather seats?