A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Heated Rear Seats/ Cooled front seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated Rear Seats/ Cooled front seats

Just a little note because I am curious...why don't they offer heated rear seats on the current A4? I have seen 2002 models with the feature.

And does anyone else thing it would be nice to have a cooled fron seats option? The American luxury brands like Lincoln seem out in front on this, too bad they don't drive as well.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by gheffty93
And does anyone else thing it would be nice to have a cooled fron seats option? The American luxury brands like Lincoln seem out in front on this, too bad they don't drive as well.
My wife's IS250 has that feature, but we don't use it. A good A/C can cool you down in a hot day better and faster than that.
Heated seats a nice. I wouldn't pay for that in the rear though, because I don't ride there Kids do, but they want to wear short pants below freezing and they couldn't care less.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

haha I hear yah on the rear heated seats thing, I just thought it was odd because it was offered on previous models...I just assumed it was a cumulative process of adding features over the years.

The cooled seats are actually quite nice and effective in the F150 Lariat we have...not the end all but a nice feature I think audi should have.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Being stationed in Hawaii, I sure would have appreciated cooled seats in the MY13 I ordered. I won't even be able to enjoy the heated seats until I am stationed somewhere with more than one season.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just a little note because I am curious...why don't they offer heated rear seats on the current A4? I have seen 2002 models with the feature.

It's likely cost cutting. A lot of features that were once standard are now optional or not available. It's also likely if Audi had enough takers for the rear heated seat option, they'd likely make it available again.
As far as cooled seats, there are two kinds. The type that blows room temp air and the type that blows cooled air. My IS250 blows room temp air which is enough to dry off the body.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rear heated seats are usually for the A6 and higher models. Adding it to the A4 will drive the price up.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

so the cold weather package is front seats only for the A4?

cooling or ventilated seats are nice for keeping you dry.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Are heated rear seats that pricey? I always just assumed it really wasn't thay expensive but the companies jacked the prices on them. I don't see why it shouldn't be an option.

The cooled seats with actual cold air is fantastic, never tried the room temp ones but that seems less effective.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mr Kram
cooling or ventilated seats are nice for keeping you dry.
... if you tend to wet yourself rather often
Old 05-31-2012, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are heated rear seats that pricey? I always just assumed it really wasn't thay expensive but the companies jacked the prices on them. I don't see why it shouldn't be an option.

The cooled seats with actual cold air is fantastic, never tried the room temp ones but that seems less effective.
Probably not that much, but when you add options to a model in the US, you have to look at the competition's offerings also. If you stuff a ton of options that others don't offer and have to raise the price some, then you price yourself out the ball park. You either make less profit and possibly sell less models if you pricing is too high above the rest, because a lot of buyers are shopping on price point more than actual options. The big three German luxury brands are offering models very close in price and package options and most will not stray far from each others offerings.

Quick Reply: Heated Rear Seats/ Cooled front seats