A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

How do I turn the phone package off?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey.. do this.. on your handset use the menu button to Active Handset.

AND

in your bluetooth profiles.. (its in the menu, connection settings, bluetooth setup) .. find your Audi device, device properties, and disable automatic connections.. set it to Prompt.

unfortunately, now everytime you want it to pair with your car, like when you get in.. itll ask you if you want to connect... which shouldnt be too big of a hassle.. and it will also keep your car from stealing the call back too.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

I would assume that you would not drive a moving vehicle while holding a phone, so why not just pick up the phone, turn off the car and get out and walk away -- the phone will keep working and the speakers in the car will mute?

Seriously, though, if the phone rings and you have a group of people who you want NOT to hear the other side of the conversation, why not consider, saying, "you're on my speaker phone, I am driving and with me in the car is, Bob and John from the office, we're on our way to lunch, can I call you later?"

Or once you have identified that the call is public, the party you are speaking with should keep the conversation short and not private.

My fear is NOT having all calls hands free and eyes free -- the next thing to be legislated will be phones that only work inside a non moving car.

Try keeping the entire transaction completely hand and eyes free as a way to prevent big brother from disabling in car calls altogether.

Oh, forget it -- between the government and the insurance companies, it is all but inevitable -- use it anyway you want, it won't matter (probably.)
Old 07-28-2009, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it depends on the state. Illinois hasn't legislated hands free yet.

and sometimes by the time you give the "this is public" speech.. the person has already said something embarrassing. and it makes it awkward in the car if you identify everyone there.

i'd probably just ignore the call if i knew it was a questionable person/call.

i work a desk job right now.. and my friends call me during the day when im at work to talk.. and they usually start with "hey, are you busy... wait nevermind you're at work of course you arent."

which was my fault for complaining how slow my desk job is and how little work i have to do. but still...

Go with the ignore call, or just add in the Prompt to connect instead of Auto Connect
Old 08-05-2009, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While on the call, I think it's the bottom left control button in the MMI has phone options. Right now the only one I get is to disable the hands free. Have you experimented with this aside from fiddling with your phone while driving?