A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

How does the 2010 A4 compare to the Infiniti G35X or G37X

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redherring
, but the other driving dynamics aren't even close to the A4 (and I'm talking non-sport package)
Wow. I never thought that the driving dynamics would be that bad! I'm really surprised that you found it worse than the non-sport A4. I really have to try a G37x at some point!
Old 02-16-2010, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by perdido34
3. Dealer experience: Both times I have visited our local Infiniti dealer, the salespeople didn't really want to take the time to show the features of the car, even when I asked for help and made it clear that I was a real live buyer. In contrast, both local Audi dealers were willing to give me as much time as I needed, to answer my questions, to ask me if I knew about certain features, and to tell me about those features if i wanted to know.
I forgot about that part--even though the Infiniti dealer had a movie theater, an ice cream bar and a lot of other extra stuff the Audi dealer didn't have, they seemed to be a little unclear on how to sell cars. I had an A4 on an all day test drive when I went in, and when the Infiniti salesman and sales manager heard that they looked blankly at each other and the manager said, "Well, maybe we could do that too." Hmmm.

As to the driving dynamics, even my wife was unimpressed with the G37x--said she felt much "safer" in the A4.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A4-Folding rear seats, spacious trunk, striking looks, holds road like glue with sports package. 15,000 mile oil changes. Audi Care.

30% better real world gas mileage.

Not cheap but worth it.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Emission
I had a G35 -> 335i -> A4.

The G is better on paper, but it is noisy and has no soul. The 335i is easily the fastest and most fun to drive, but it is expensive and thirsty around town. The A4 is comfortable with a nice balance of creature comforts, and with a good price.

- Mike
my mom has an e90 and the other thing that sucks about it is its so much smaller especially the back seat.

it also isnt as nice looking in my opinion.

with everyone's comments about dealers, no one even gives me the time of day at audi for the most part (and i still bought one) unless i asked. infiniti when i previously bought one was pretty bad as well. and bmw is i'd say more friendly but this is on a very small number of dealerships i've visited. the last time i test drove a g37 , the dealer guy actaully said "this is not a toy" when i basiaclly floored it around a curve to see how it'd do. he also didnt think i was serious about even buying one, which really pissed me and my friend off (we were 28 at the time but could easily afford the car) so I sort of have some infiniti hate now at least at that dealership.

mercedes i'd say by far is consistantly the most friendly to people my age. i've been to 4-5 dealers and you get offered test drives just walking in. my friend actaully bought one because he loved the experience.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

i've always loved the exhaust note from the Gs, and its a lot more powerful than A4, I don't even think we can compare the two power-wise. The interior, Audi beats it hands down. Exterior, well that's subjective, I do love the first gen G35 coupe though. I don't like the new one, its too roundish.

As for dealers, there are bad Audi dealers as well so its not just an Infiniti thing.

I guess in the end, it all depends on whether you want pure power, pure luxury or balanced with both.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by a5dude
i've always loved the exhaust note from the Gs, and its a lot more powerful than A4, I don't even think we can compare the two power-wise. The interior, Audi beats it hands down. Exterior, well that's subjective, I do love the first gen G35 coupe though. I don't like the new one, its too roundish.

As for dealers, there are bad Audi dealers as well so its not just an Infiniti thing.

I guess in the end, it all depends on whether you want pure power, pure luxury or balanced with both.
the new G37 doesn't seem to have as good an exhaust note as the original either.

I see you also had a TSX (i had one between the A4 and G35), guess theres a lot of abandoned by the shame that is now acura people switching to audi.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hans007
I see you also had a TSX (i had one between the A4 and G35), guess theres a lot of abandoned by the shame that is now acura people switching to audi.
I'm another one--coming off an '04 TL. Nothing there for me now.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

These questions never seem to amaze me. Ask people on an Audi forum if they like a different car better than the one they bought??? Really...what kind of answer do you expect. My wife and I currently have both ('09 2.0T Prestige with Sport and '10 G37x Sedan). They are very different cars, but both are nice in there own way. G is much faster and handles sufficiently, costs 10K less than the Audi and is completely loaded. Audi interior is a little nicer and yes the rear seats fold down. However I have not folded the seats down on this car or any other for quite some time. Dealerships will vary, both the Audi and Infiniti dealerships here, bend over backwards to make us happy. Audi was out of loaners one day, so they tossed me the keys to a TT on the lot and said see ya later. As far as styling, I have had more people comment on the G than the Audi when they are side by side. Oh, last thing, the B&O stereo is way better than the Bose.

It is an individual decision, do not let somebody elses comments sway you one way or the other.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am actually currently deciding between these two cars. I like the Audi but it is more expensive by several thousand dollars comparably equipped.

I like the styling of both cars...on the road i usually notice the G and think 'that's a nice looking car'. Usually when I see the Audi I think its kind of plain, but nice.

The G has more engine noise but road noise seems to be pretty close but I would still give the edge to the Audi.

Interior wise... the Audi is nice but something about it gets 'old' fast... the more I look at it the less I like it. I do like the buttons in the Audi.. I am looking strictly at the Prestige package.

Performance wise.. the G gets pretty similar fuel economy but is a real beast on the throttle which is pretty fun. The Audi torque makes the car pull hard which is also fun!

So, the only remaining comparo is predicted reliability. The G seems to be hands down favored for reliability. The Audi always gets cynical comments from current or past owners..I can dismiss past owners as the new platform seems dramatically improved.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Flipper 3.0
G is much faster and handles sufficiently, costs 10K less than the Audi and is completely loaded.
Wow, way different than in canada. here, a G37x is 42k and an A4 quattro premium is 43k.. add the premium package to the G37x (memory seat, moon roof, ...) to be like the A4 and you're at the same price as an a4 premium w/ sport pack which is a different beast..

Quick Reply: How does the 2010 A4 compare to the Infiniti G35X or G37X