A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

How does the 2010 A4 compare to the Infiniti G35X or G37X

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mart242
Wow, way different than in canada. here, a G37x is 42k and an A4 quattro premium is 43k.. add the premium package to the G37x (memory seat, moon roof, ...) to be like the A4 and you're at the same price as an a4 premium w/ sport pack which is a different beast..
Actually the Infiniti G37X fully quipped and the A4 Prestige come out only a few hundred dollars different in price. Price is a wash I think when comparably equipped.

Size wise.... according to the dimensions listed on respective websites the A4 is only slightly larger in some areas...statistically speaking no appreciable differences. For some reason the A4 seems a little bigger but the measurements tell a different story
Old 02-21-2010, 09:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hwks1
Actually the Infiniti G37X fully quipped and the A4 Prestige come out only a few hundred dollars different in price. Price is a wash I think when comparably equipped.

Size wise.... according to the dimensions listed on respective websites the A4 is only slightly larger in some areas...statistically speaking no appreciable differences. For some reason the A4 seems a little bigger but the measurements tell a different story
the A4 has a much larger trunk than most cars in this segment which is nice.

and the torque is pretty close actually, just you give up top end hp in the A4, for fuel economy. i think unless you are not a racer, the A4 is actually a pretty good value in its class.

I don't think a G37x is $10k less..

I mean if you get a premium plus quattro A4 vs. a g37x with premium package (which is approximately equivalent)

the prices are probably maybe $500-1000 difference if not less, so you are really just choosing between the differences in interior, styling, and the HP difference (which is huge, but i think most normal people the A4 is fast enough that they dont care all that much)

Last edited by hans007; 02-21-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hans007
the new G37 doesn't seem to have as good an exhaust note as the original either.

I see you also had a TSX (i had one between the A4 and G35), guess theres a lot of abandoned by the shame that is now acura people switching to audi.
Well i'm sorry to say but they messed up the line up, they look fugly now, no offense to anyone that owns the new acura models.

And i thought it was time to get more torque that i wasn't getting from the TSX, dammit now they released a V6 version of it, right after I bought my a5. Oh well.....
Old 02-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by a5dude
Well i'm sorry to say but they messed up the line up, they look fugly now, no offense to anyone that owns the new acura models.

And i thought it was time to get more torque that i wasn't getting from the TSX, dammit now they released a V6 version of it, right after I bought my a5. Oh well.....
i used to own an 04 and an 06 tsx and then an 07 tl-s, kinda got tired of the cars being only front wheel drive thats why this time i chose to go german, thought i might give audi a try after my first test drive the rest was history. I might go back to acura if the next generation tsx has a turbo and shawd in 2013.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by a5dude

+1! They call this new front grill - clown smile!

compare to previous design

Last edited by TIME89; 02-22-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
+1! They call this new front grill - clown smile!
the year before mdx didn't really look TOO bad. its when they updated the grill with the new one that they ruined it.

same with the RDX once they updated to the new "design language".

I had an RDX loaner when my TSX died (and it had to be towed to the dealer) and it was a very good car and looked reasonably ok aswell.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

the year before mdx didn't really look TOO bad. its when they updated the grill with the new one that they ruined it.

I had an RDX loaner when my TSX died (and it had to be towed to the dealer) and it was a very good car and looked reasonably ok aswell.
The first gen RDX was good, that's because they didn't incorporate that clown smile yet.

When the RDX came out with the turbo + SHAWD, everybody was expecting the TSX to have it but obviously Acura broke everyone's heart. Now, instead they put in the V6 from the TL/Accord? Guess its better than nothing, but we are talking about a different price range (41k Canadian, base is only $34k)
Old 02-23-2010, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just don't get it--every review and consumer survey I read says how much everybody hates the new "corporate grill" and not only do they not modify it, they exaggerate it and stick it on everything. Don't know about this company--contrary to your experience, my first turn-off with Acura was with the RDX. I was due for a new SUV 2 years ago and assumed I'd get an RDX since I'd had such good luck with Acuras to that point--until I drove it and found that it rode like a coal cart--WAY too stiff--and then found that the passenger seat had no legroom. Bought the Forester XT instead (faster, better AWD, rides way better and much roomier than the RDX), and love it (although now wish I'd waited and gotten a Q5).

As to A5dude's post, the TSX is definitely better with the V6, but as you note the pricing is nuts--for the same price you can easily get a P+ A4 Quattro with virtually the same performance, much better mpg and AWD.

Last edited by redherring; 02-23-2010 at 05:54 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by redherring
I just don't get it--every review and consumer survey I read says how much everybody hates the new "corporate grill" and not only do they not modify it, they exaggerate it and stick it on everything. Don't know about this company--contrary to your experience, my first turn-off with Acura was with the RDX. I was due for a new SUV 2 years ago and assumed I'd get an RDX since I'd had such good luck with Acuras to that point--until I drove it and found that it rode like a coal cart--WAY too stiff--and then found that the passenger seat had no legroom. Bought the Forester XT instead (faster, better AWD, rides way better and much roomier than the RDX), and love it (although now wish I'd waited and gotten a Q5).

As to A5dude's post, the TSX is definitely better with the V6, but as you note the pricing is nuts--for the same price you can easily get a P+ A4 Quattro with virtually the same performance, much better mpg and AWD.
I don't know I liked the RDX. The sad thing is they are all the 1st gen RDX and I guess for the MDX this is the 2nd gen. Acura actually did a facelift to add the new grill and silver crap on.

The problem with the TSX isnt just that its as expensive as a P+ quattro. Its that if you sit inside it an a new v6 accord there isnt much of a difference since the current accords are so much improved. The 2nd gen TSX doesnt even have chrome door handles anymore (one thing i noticed first time i sat in one compared to first gen)
Old 02-24-2010, 08:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My choices came down to the G37x or A4 Prestige and I went with the Prestige. In my case, the Infiniti was significantly cheaper than the Audi. They were willing to go $7k under sticker price just with their initial offer! So, fully loaded it was $36k for the Infiniti and you got the navigation and keyless entry that you need the Prestige for at $43k. Audi was only willing to to invoice plus first month payment, though going with the Prestige cut me out of my slightly better negotiating position since I had to have it shipped out of state.

As far as the car itself, I loved the power of the Inifiti, but didn't like the handling as much. Interior was nicer on the Audi, and the dash is cheap looking on the Inifiti with a HORRIBLY reflective Nav screen. Audi trunk is enormous in comparison. Also, gas mileage is nice. I can get 35.1 mpg keeping the cruise on 68 mph on 100+ mile trips.

Anyway, go to an Infiniti forum and ask the same question LOL

Quick Reply: How does the 2010 A4 compare to the Infiniti G35X or G37X