A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

How to iPod 2009 Audi A4 Quattro

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 03:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Crucible35
I have the same set up on my 2009....no nav or MMI....just the AMI. If you have the Audi Symphony you should have the connection in the glove box for the IPod cable. Weird, but still a bit unclear on what he's got.
It is a Audi Symphony. But no cable or any connections in the glove box. See the attached picture. It has Radio, Sat, Media (for SD card next to it), Blue-tooth telephone. I was told that when the dealer replaces the glove box(?), I will be able to access the iPod using the Media button.
Attached Images  
Old 01-03-2011, 03:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jfo
Have you looked at this one? I don't know if it's what you're after but might do the job.
I used one of their adaptors in my Volvo. It plugged into the CD changer input. You could chatge and control the ipod from the radio, but you couldn't see the track info etc.

http://blitzsafe.com/catalog/univers...e/prod_71.html
I have AUX in the handrest compartment. Does this cable go in there ? Please let me know.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

That looks identical to mine. I thought they all came with the media interface in the glove box right below the "valet" button....do you even have that? A pic of your glove box might be more helpful....

If you have the interface in the glove box you would still need the Ipod connector that your dealership can supply. Once connected, the Ipod is controlled by the AMI under Media.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:01 PM
jfo
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cuddapah
I have AUX in the handrest compartment. Does this cable go in there ? Please let me know.
It can be placed there if you have room. In my Volvo I used the model that plugged into the CD changer port on the back of the radio. I popped the radio out, plugged it in, connected the 3 wires, and tucked it behind the radio. I then ran the ipod cable under the console trim to my armrest compartment. I had an ipod holder that fit into the coffee cup holder on the arm rest and just took the cable out and plugged it into the ipod when I wanted to use it.
In your case, you could install the interface in the compartment but you would need to get power to it via the wires in the picture.
An alternative is to install as I did but put the ipod cable into the glove box. I assume you will see track info, etc on the Audi display, but I'm not sure. You may want to call Blitzsafe and ask. The factory installed glove box has a holder for the ipod along with the connector. It was a $350 option.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

That looks identical to mine. I thought they all came with the media interface in the glove box right below the "valet" button....do you even have that? A pic of your glove box might be more helpful....

If you have the interface in the glove box you would still need the Ipod connector that your dealership can supply. Once connected, the Ipod is controlled by the AMI under Media.
Here is the pic of the glove box. 'Valet' button is there.
Attached Images  
Old 01-10-2011, 05:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jfo
It can be placed there if you have room. In my Volvo I used the model that plugged into the CD changer port on the back of the radio. I popped the radio out, plugged it in, connected the 3 wires, and tucked it behind the radio. I then ran the ipod cable under the console trim to my armrest compartment. I had an ipod holder that fit into the coffee cup holder on the arm rest and just took the cable out and plugged it into the ipod when I wanted to use it.
In your case, you could install the interface in the compartment but you would need to get power to it via the wires in the picture.
An alternative is to install as I did but put the ipod cable into the glove box. I assume you will see track info, etc on the Audi display, but I'm not sure. You may want to call Blitzsafe and ask. The factory installed glove box has a holder for the ipod along with the connector. It was a $350 option.
I contacted Blitzsafe. They suggested http://blitzsafe.com/catalog/volkswa.../prod_254.html
Old 01-10-2011, 05:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

How did you take the radio out ? I googled for instructions. But couldn't find any for this model.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Satechi B4 FM TX Bluetooth

I use the Satechi B4 FM TX Bluetooth and a few other of their products for over 5 years in a Mercedes, Ford SUV and now an Audi Avant 2010 and they are great. All have and can be transferred to any vehicle at a moments notice. And the price is right, too. Go for it.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'd rather be driving but a lot of work mentioned here by others and I apologize for repeating but this is a no brainer to install and use with IPOD NANO, Iphone 3, GS, and presently Iphone4. I use the Satechi B4 FM TX Bluetooth for over 5 years in a Mercedes, Ford SUV and now an Audi Avant 2010 and works great through the vehicles audio system , no MMI. GPS and phone call music interupt all work well. All have and can be transferred to any vehicle at a moments notice. And the price is right, too. check it out http://satechi.net/satechi-item.php?...O&cat=IPO&sub=
Old 01-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Added Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f1CVbJfAxY

Quick Reply: How to iPod 2009 Audi A4 Quattro