A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

I don't think I am going to get my Avant.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I don't think I am going to get my Avant.

Due to some weird circumstances, looks like I need to get a car within the next month. My Avant won't be delivered until Jan 2nd. I am having my deal SCOUR the USA for an Ibis P+ Avant with the sport package but he says they pretty much don't exist yet.

He would have better luck looking for an Ibis P+ Sedan with the sport package. So if one pops up within the next month, and he can get his hands on it, it's mine.

Sigh.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: I don't think I am going to get my Avant.

That's not cool.
Why not rent a cheap car or buy a low $$ beater until your avant arrives?
Old 10-03-2008, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Ibis white on the showroom floor

looks loaded up, beautiful car, don't know what packages it has. Stevens Creek Audi. San Jose, Ca.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I saw an Ibis White Avant on the showroon floor a couple of weeks ago. ...

Not sure of the equipment package. University Audi, Seattle. I don't see it listed on the New vehicle inventory now.<ul><li><a href="http://www.universityaudi.com/inventorydisplay.aspx?brw=new&amp;s=new">Clicky</a></li></ul>
Old 10-04-2008, 05:28 AM

Default I know exactly where an Ibis white one is right now.

But it has the beige interior with no sport package. I really want the sport package and beige is not my style.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:29 AM

Look up ^
Old 10-04-2008, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

beige does not look good to me either. Looks cheap. Black all the way. IMO
Old 10-04-2008, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Good luck. I feel for you... (more/longish)

I have managed to rent an S4 from my brother until my MT comes in sometime in March/April. I was stressing since I ordered my car in May, expecting to be one of the first in the city with new A4. I did the 6 month lease extension until December. Then the MT got pushed to 'Nov/Dec', and I got concerned. And then pushed again to March, so now, even with the lease extension, I would be 2-4 months without a car. Any car. We are a 1-car family with 2 kids. So, yeah, stress. But it turns out that my brother can't unload his 2004 S4 that he has been trying to sell for 6 months, because, well, it guzzles gas and has 120,000kms on it. So I have managed to rent from him until March and cover his depreciation. Now I just have to drive that V8 gingerly (not my style) if I want to keep from putting $100/wk into the tank! So that happened last week. Obviously I have gotten lucky, but I was stressing hard before that cuz I was going to be short a car. It is definitely frustrating knowing that the car you want is being built somewhere in the world, but because of allocation arrangements you cannot get your car that you have ordered LONG before the people in other countries who are receiving almost the exact same car maybe even THOUGHT about buying the car...

I hope that you can figure something out so you can get the car you want. Would hate to lose your voice on the forum.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:30 AM
Elder Member

Default I had the beige interior in my A3. Never again.

Too hard to keep clean.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default If sport is that important you can get ADS but that will increaser the price.

I think you be in the 42K range with the Prestige and ADS.

I think a dealer here in Denver has an Ibis with ADS.

Quick Reply: I don't think I am going to get my Avant.