A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

I found a new feature on my B8

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob58
It's called an Owner's Manual for a reason.

If someone is mature and responsible enough to own a complex piece of machinery, they must take the responsiblity of at least trying to learn how to operate and maintain it with the resources provided.
My point was that until you BUY the car, you don't HAVE an owners manual. Trick features like these are the kinds of things that might give Audi an edge over a competitor -- even if the other car(s) have the same things -- if the Audi sales staff shows them off and the competition doesn't -- Advantage Audi for the sale.

Demoing these types of things to customers after the purchase might improve the overall ownership experience, EVEN TO THOSE SOB's WHO DON'T RTFM. I agree owners should read the manual.

I'm sorry if I've upset anyone, I'll try to avoid making inane posts in the future.

Last edited by need_TQM; 05-09-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Then you'd be your average American under the age of 40.

But you wouldn't have had the money. You'd have borrowed it.
Jesus, Bob...
Old 05-20-2009, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Last night going to dinner with a friend, i locked the car. The lights flashed but no beep. So i hit the button again and still only a flash. Walked over and grabbed the passenger door, which was locked but not completely closed. So i unlocked, closed the door and locked. Flash and beep.
Made me think that it doesnt beep if all doors arent 100% closed, didnt have time to try it again, but might try it tonight. Or it could just be a freak incident.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by A4DK
Last night going to dinner with a friend, i locked the car. The lights flashed but no beep. So i hit the button again and still only a flash. Walked over and grabbed the passenger door, which was locked but not completely closed. So i unlocked, closed the door and locked. Flash and beep.
Made me think that it doesnt beep if all doors arent 100% closed, didnt have time to try it again, but might try it tonight. Or it could just be a freak incident.
Yes the beep confirms all doors and trunk are closed. Most cars work like that.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just found out that the sunglass holder (next to the sunroof control) is really useless for sunglasses.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mobilehavoc
Yes the beep confirms all doors and trunk are closed. Most cars work like that.
LoL didnt know that. After all this is my 3rd car ever.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

It's called an Owner's Manual for a reason.

If someone is mature and responsible enough to own a complex piece of machinery, they must take the responsiblity of at least trying to learn how to operate and maintain it with the resources provided.
Since the manual is so great, where does it say how to turn on the "digital speedometer" on the trip computer? I never saw it in the manual, I had to google it and found out that you have to push "reset" and then cycle through the functions..
Old 05-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I just found a missing feature on my B8

Driving home last night the sun was in my eyes right above the rear view mirror. I reached to flip down the middle visor and it wasn't there The sunglasses holder helps a little, but it doesn't cover the entire space and it partially blocks the mirror.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by zyrl
i just found out that the sunglass holder (next to the sunroof control) is really useless for sunglasses.
I guess it depends on your sunglasses, it works great with mine. I use it every time I drive. Keep sunglasses in there for driving and switch with my regular glasses. Very handy.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mart242
Since the manual is so great, where does it say how to turn on the "digital speedometer" on the trip computer? I never saw it in the manual, I had to google it and found out that you have to push "reset" and then cycle through the functions..

I still cant figure out how to turn on my trip computer. The manaul says there should be a button on the righthand side of my steering wheel but my 2009 a4 avant doesnt have the button that is in the picture.

Quick Reply: I found a new feature on my B8