A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

instrument cluster plastic

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BMWBig6
Thanks for the additional suggested products. I still think compressed air can only go so far. Sure it will remove loose dust, but what about dried spots from liquids (rain from having windows down, sneezes, accidental spit while talking, etc.).
good point- i guess this is one of the areas where we will have to learn to live with it.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Gettysburg
PolyWatch(crystal Polish) and Plexus(plastic cleaner/polish) are a couple of products I've used with good results.

Despite the corn-ball name, PolyWatch does a good job removing fine surface scratches from different types of plastics. I've used it to remove scratches from both my car and motorcycle instrument cluster lenses. It's marketed as a acrylic watch crystal polish and as such, it's sold in small 5gram tubes for about $8.00. I've only seen it available for sale on the internet, but you could probably see if a local jewelry store stocks it.

I use Plexus plastic cleaner/polish for regular cleaning and protection of headlight lenses and instrument cluster. It leaves a clear polish-able film on the surface. Should only be used on smooth hard plastic surfaces; so don't use it on the satin anti-glare Nav. screen

<a href="http://www.esslinger.com/polywatch5grams.aspx"> PolyWatch </a> - where I purchased mine; can be gotten elsewhere.
<a href="http://www.plexusplasticcleaner.com/frames.html">Plexus</a> - company's website
So have you used it on the new B8 A4 plastic instrument cluster?
Old 06-09-2009, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by toddm1234
So have you used it on the new B8 A4 plastic instrument cluster?
I don't own an A4, but have used PolyWatch to polish out swirl marks on my A3 cluster lens. I made the mistake of using glass cleaner and a paper towel the first time and it was a mess. I use the Plexus cleaner on the cluster lens every time I vacuum out my interior (1 or 2 times a month). I'm assuming the that cluster lenses on both A3 and A4 are made of the same material.

I occasionally browse the A4(B8) forum in the desperate hope there will be news of the Avant being offered in the U.S with quattro+manual.