A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

It's Black Again!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's Black Again!

Went today to a self-serve car wash to wash off a bunch of unwanted winter dirt, grime and salt from my Brilliant Black A4. My current strategy is a midweek high pressure spray (mostly to remove road salt), and a end-of-the week touch free car wash. It's too cold right now to wash outside. I've yet to begin my journey with No Rinse inside car wash product.

After the wash today, my son commented "Dad the car looks more black today". Sure enough, the color of the finish was a deeper (and less hazy) black. During the warmer weather, I had been handwashing- finishing with some spray on wax. I thought I was doing an adequate job buffing off the wax. I have been using products from Griots Garage.

I have a funny feeling that the high pressure water spray has been removing some (or maybe even too much) wax. Or, it's the result of the Griots Garage Car Wash product (that I am not currently using). Not sure whats happening, but I really love the deeper black and increased shine/gloss.

I've also discovered that a good blast (from a distance)of high pressure water on the wheels does a fabulous job quickly removing break dust.

Regards,

-- plA4keeps