A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Just bought my 1st Audi - 2011 A4 SLine - Teak Brown

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought my 1st Audi - 2011 A4 SLine - Teak Brown

Picked up my first Audi last week - 2011 A4 SLine in Teak Brown. Love the colour and SLine additions - great looking car.

Couple of questions? What do you guys do for car care...interior and exterior? The Sline comes with Alcantara leather seats. Any advice for cleaning? Also what would you advice be for the exterior. I live in Calgary and with the winter approaching there is going to be a lot of snow - keeping a car clean is extremely tough.

Lastly i was thinking of installing an ECU upgrade to Stage 2. Any opinions on doing this. Here is their site.
http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_up...sivl_long.html

Any adice would be greatly appreciated....thanks!
Old 10-08-2011, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check out Adams Polishes. Thats all i use. They have a 110% guarantee and the support and community is second to none! also log onto their forums. It is not a gimmick, the products are phenomenal. And believe me ive been through most of store bought premium along with some other online stuff. Their interior cleaner is incredible. Also, check out the videos outlining how to properly take care of your new baby

For the salt, you are going to need to get the paint sealed then waxed to get it through the winter. Salt is not only harsh on metal but also your paint too.
www.adamspolishes.com
www.adamsforum.com

Heres my initial post here after i picked up my A6 along with my cleaning and waxing techniques.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2813752

heres also my post on when i did my mini, with proper washing techniques and care you audi will look awesome just stay away from car washes

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/de...-ups/11993.htm

Good luck & Congratulations!
Old 10-09-2011, 07:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Luckily we dont use salt on the roads in calgary in winter. They use a mixture of gravel and grit which is better for your car overall and the environment but it causes major issues with stone damage to body work, cracked windshields, paint and so on. Nothing we can do about it but we keep well back from idiot drivers who cut you off and spray you with stones when they accelerate to make the next gap in traffic.

Any ideas about the ECU upgrade???
Old 10-09-2011, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by almoody
Luckily we dont use salt on the roads in calgary in winter. They use a mixture of gravel and grit which is better for your car overall and the environment but it causes major issues with stone damage to body work, cracked windshields, paint and so on. Nothing we can do about it but we keep well back from idiot drivers who cut you off and spray you with stones when they accelerate to make the next gap in traffic.

Any ideas about the ECU upgrade???
Congrats on the new car! Search the forums for APR Tuning thoughts and experiences. Lots of people have it and generally all have great things to say about it.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Pics or ban! You can't post "teak brown" without posting any photos of your car!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've created an album with photos...how do I upload that album to this thread?
Old 10-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Never Follows

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Car looks great but splash guards need to go.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I would but we're going to be getting snow here in a month or less and dont the side of the undercarriage getting sprayed by grit. Unless taking them off wont make a difference?
Old 10-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Wow, I like the color (and I didn't think I would) Car looks great.... I agree though- loose the mud flaps

For car care I use Klasse All in One, P21s wax and 303 aerospace or Megs 40 on the dash...

The Klasse AIO is super easy on and off and lasts a good long time... great stuff imho...

My A4 is in port.... hopefully I'll have it next week and can post some pics!
Old 10-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 08CW6MT
My A4 is in port.... hopefully I'll have it next week and can post some pics!
Which port? Texas? I was told my new 2012 was scheduled to be in port today but haven't heard back if that happened or not. I'm up in Minnesota so it will take a bit to get up here.

Quick Reply: Just bought my 1st Audi - 2011 A4 SLine - Teak Brown