A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Just got a call from AofA about low speed steering shudder issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Just got a call from AofA about low speed steering shudder issue

They said that they've narrowed the issue to the power steering hose as the problem. They're still working through it and he said he'd call me back by August 17th with more details. They expect to be able to kick off a campaign for having it fixed shortly thereafter.

At least it's good to know they're making some progress. Also nice of him to call back exactly around the time he said he would. I'll post again when I hear back more.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to say that I'm glad to see that AoA is starting to show some signs of improvement w.r.t. owner support.

Of course they haven't done anything yet, but getting a call is a positive sign.

I almost didn't buy an Audi because of how folks have been treated by AoA when issues did arrive with their cars.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the positive update!
Old 07-20-2009, 06:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Actually, they are a bit further along than you thing. I have been in contact with them after receiving a call about the shudder about a month ago - initial word is that its the steering fluid pump that is pulsating.

Should have an update soon.

I'm also dealing with a radio issue where the selector **** does not respond. It spins, but nothing changes selection on the screen, whether it be radio, multimedia, or car controls. Very sporadic - and as of right now, AoA has been superb in keeping in contact - quite the opposite of how my local dealer has treated me.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Got the same call with the same info from AOA. He told me they not yet sure if it's a design or defect issue re the hose. Hopefully, the resolution will come soon as I wonder about any long term effect on other components.
My occurrences are intermittent when turning the wheel as the car starts to move at very low speeds, last for about a second, are mild in intensity and only seem to exhibit on certain types of surfaces.