A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Just ordered my 2011 A4

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered my 2011 A4

I have been lurking around this forum for a bit, doing some research but finally placed my order today:

2011 TFSI Quattro Tiptronic
Premium Plus Package
18" Sports Package
Aruba Blue Pearl (Audi Exclusive)
Black Interior

Cannot wait, the sales-person told me it would most likely be here before Christmas. Planning to do a couple mods when I get it:

- chrome tips
- tint (looking for something not too dark, and prob ceramic, any suggestions for %?)
- easier to clean rims (not a big fan of the 10-spoke current ones, seem hard to clean, any suggestions? Would it be possible to upgrade to the prestige tires - 5 spoke?)
- performance enhancement will come later

Let the wait begin.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats on your purchase .... I just picked up my 2011 A4 in late July and love it. The 8-speed tip transmission is amazing.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

i got rid of my 10 spokes..they were a NIGHTMARE to clean...i went with ttrs/rs5 reps...5 arms...so much better to clean. I thought that you can now get the prestige rims..as an upgrade...or ask your dealer to trade out, i heard at least one guy was able to do that.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bayman48
i got rid of my 10 spokes..they were a NIGHTMARE to clean...i went with ttrs/rs5 reps...5 arms...so much better to clean. I thought that you can now get the prestige rims..as an upgrade...or ask your dealer to trade out, i heard at least one guy was able to do that.
The all seasons Pirelli P6s on the Prestige are a poor tire compared to the summer P7s on the 18" sports package.

I agree the 10 spoke wheel is hard to clean. Fortunately we have many car washes nearby.

I suppose a dealer can swap the wheels and keep the all seasons.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Barrels41 - I believe that starting in 2010 the tpms sensors are no longer. Audi is using wheel speed sensors and comparing them to each other to determine if one pressure is lower than the other. (rolling diameter difference generates a detectable velocity differential value to signal a loss in pressure)
Old 09-13-2010, 07:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats, I got my 2011 A4 Quattro in July. The wait was about 10 weeks, but well worth it. The 8 speed is smooth, and is great on gas mileage. I have the stock 7 spoke 17 inch rims, and they are a pain to clean. I suggest the least amount of spokes as possible. Post pictures when you pick it up!
Old 09-13-2010, 09:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KremlinGremlin
I have been lurking around this forum for a bit, doing some research but finally placed my order today:

2011 TFSI Quattro Tiptronic
Premium Plus Package
18" Sports Package
Aruba Blue Pearl (Audi Exclusive)
Black Interior
Great color combo! Aruba is in my top 5 colors for sure (including Audi Exclusive).

Cannot wait, the sales-person told me it would most likely be here before Christmas. Planning to do a couple mods when I get it:

- chrome tips
- tint (looking for something not too dark, and prob ceramic, any suggestions for %?)
- easier to clean rims (not a big fan of the 10-spoke current ones, seem hard to clean, any suggestions? Would it be possible to upgrade to the prestige tires - 5 spoke?)
- performance enhancement will come later

Let the wait begin.
Tint-wise, I'd say ceramic is the way to go.
You can get a lighter percentage and still have the AV/Heat reduction.
30-40% would be the sweet spot IMHO.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah, I'm excited - have only heard good things about the 8 speed tranny.

Barrels41, you recommend keeping the stock tires? Would it be possible to change only the rims then, just for maintenance purposes, my philosophy is the same, less spokes = better, that's why I suggested the prestige tires.

I was confused about the tpms sensors, what are they and how should they factor it to my decision?

I will definitely post pictures! As far as the tint, I am mainly looking for the Heat reduction purposes, since I don't want the black to get scorching hot during the summer, looks are secondary, but def not going for the all blacked out mafioso look =)

UmIsThisThingOn - what other colors appeal to you? I was looking at Meteor Gray Pearl as well, but found it slightly gloomy on a cloudy day - and we get a lot of those here in Seattle..
Old 09-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just ordered a Meteor Gray with Prestige package and Sports suspension. Can't wait for my 8 speed tranny. I was trying to decide between quartz gray and meteor gray. I, too, felt the meteor gray was a little gloomy or maybe it was that it somehow looked dirty to me. However, I went to the dealership at night to look at the color in the dark and let me tell you that the Meteor gray is Saweet! so that was enough to swing me to ordering it. I get it in november! I can't wait.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ah yes, before deciding to go for Aruba Blue, I was stuck between Quartz Gray and Meteor Gray, both are gorgeous. I thought I was the only one who did that - I too went to the dealership at night to look at Meteor Gray. Looked good, I will admit. Congrats also on your purchase!

One thing I don't understand about Audi colors is why they don't add more repertoire to the existing ones. They have 3 shades of silver, 2 blacks, 2 reds, and a gray. The only out of the ordinary color was Aruba Blue which they substituted this year for a color, which in my opinion will not be that popular. I don't see why they cannot add colors such as jet blue or garnet red to the $475 colors, I feel like they would be highly popular.

Quick Reply: Just ordered my 2011 A4