A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Laurel Nutmeg Trim

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laurel Nutmeg Trim

I've got a chance to get rid of the micrometallic plastic trim and upgrade to the Laurel Nutmeg trim on my 2011 A4 in Quartz Grey with black interior.
What do you all think the wood will look like with this combo?
Thanks and I appreciate your feedback.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mellowman
I've got a chance to get rid of the micrometallic plastic trim and upgrade to the Laurel Nutmeg trim on my 2011 A4 in Quartz Grey with black interior.
Funny, I was was just thinking that I probably would have ordered that combination in my Meteor Gray over Black Avant, if the "Delete Micrometallic trim" option wasn't running now. The way it was explained to me, there is a problem with the supply of the Micrometallic trim, so they are running satin aluminum and offering a $400 credit for the substitution.

When I saw that, I decided against the wood.

My Avant will be in production later this month.

Too bad they don't offer satin finish wood, rather than the high gloss.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Funny, I was was just thinking that I probably would have ordered that combination in my Meteor Gray over Black Avant, if the "Delete Micrometallic trim" option wasn't running now. The way it was explained to me, there is a problem with the supply of the Micrometallic trim, so they are running satin aluminum and offering a $400 credit for the substitution.

When I saw that, I decided against the wood.

My Avant will be in production later this month.

Too bad they don't offer satin finish wood, rather than the high gloss.

I think you will be happier with the Laurel Nutmeg. Will you have to remove the Micrometallic trim, or will it go right over it?
Old 02-12-2011, 09:14 PM
SCJ
AudiWorld Member

Default Worked best with the beige interior...

I decided that the Laurel Nutmeg would look the best with my beige interior which I now have on order with my '11 Avant. I have the same combination on my current '09 Infiniti G37x.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Apparently the dealer will replace the actual pieces.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Apparently the dealer will replace the actual pieces.
That's cool. I guess they are doing it for the normal up-charge for wood inlay, or are they asking for more?

If my Avant comes in with Micrometallic inlays, I would consider doing the same, because I think they look very cheesy.

I am banking on the fact that Audi doesn't get a sufficient supply, or work out whatever supply/quality issues there are with it, of the Micrometallic inlay to start offering it again before my build week of Feb. 20th.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 550 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by archrenov8
I thought it was the other way around and Audi was having problems with its aluminum supplier, which resulted in the replacement of the standard aluminum trim with the dreaded Micrometallic (silver painted plastic).
Old 02-13-2011, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JD15
I thought it was the other way around and Audi was having problems with its aluminum supplier, which resulted in the replacement of the standard aluminum trim with the dreaded Micrometallic (silver painted plastic).
Yes, that is the case, so when A4s come in now without the wood inlay option, the window sticker reads "Delete Mirometallic inlay" and shows a $400 credit. I just hope that this is permanent, and not something they might resolve this month, because I would be very disappointed with the Micrometallic inlay and its hologram effect. If I knew that was coming, I would have paid extra for wood.

I could maybe negotiate with my dealer, because I made a specific point of making sure I got the Delete Micrometallic Inlay credit.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by archrenov8
Yes, that is the case, so when A4s come in now without the wood inlay option, the window sticker reads "Delete Mirometallic inlay" and shows a $400 credit. I just hope that this is permanent, and not something they might resolve this month, because I would be very disappointed with the Micrometallic inlay and its hologram effect. If I knew that was coming, I would have paid extra for wood.

I could maybe negotiate with my dealer, because I made a specific point of making sure I got the Delete Micrometallic Inlay credit.
I thought the with micrometalic delete you get the satin aluminum which is actually painted plastic, like around the instrument panel. The mm is te hologram looking trim that's been on base trim since 09. Without the mm you get trim like in a corolla! Yuck.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cabal_san
I thought the with micrometalic delete you get the satin aluminum which is actually painted plastic, like around the instrument panel. The mm is te hologram looking trim that's been on base trim since 09. Without the mm you get trim like in a corolla! Yuck.
In looking on another dealer's lot, it looked better than the plastic metal on the dash around the MMI. I recall that it had brush lines, but maybe I am wrong.

It is all a guess at this point. I cannot stand look at the holograms. Reminds me of old Chryslers.

Quick Reply: Laurel Nutmeg Trim