A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Laurel Nutmeg Trim

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hope the trend continues and audi would offer the fine grain ash in the a4 next year.

I think it looks great in the 3.2 q5s and will be in the upcoming a6/a7. The exposed grain looks really classy and it doesnt show glare or fingerprints.

I have the aluminum hologram in my prestige avant. I really like the texture. Not a huge fan of the micro metallic inlay, but at least audi is crediting 400 for it.

I might have considered the fine grain had it been offered, but just think the glossy wood is a bit out of place with a 19 inch sport package.

To each there own with trim and we're all different.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
I hope the trend continues and audi would offer the fine grain ash in the a4 next year.

I think it looks great in the 3.2 q5s and will be in the upcoming a6/a7. The exposed grain looks really classy and it doesnt show glare or fingerprints.

I have the aluminum hologram in my prestige avant. I really like the texture. Not a huge fan of the micro metallic inlay, but at least audi is crediting 400 for it.

I might have considered the fine grain had it been offered, but just think the glossy wood is a bit out of place with a 19 inch sport package.

To each there own with trim and we're all different.
Actually, you have the Micrometallic inlay (which is the aluminum hologram), and the credit is described as "Delete Micrometallic inlay", in which case you get plain silver something.

I will have to take a look at the fine grain ash in the Q5. Sounds interesting.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jfo
I think it looks fine and prefer it to fake wood.
Audi uses real wood trim in their cars.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That would look great! The slightly lighter wood option would spruce up the all-dark interior. Audi needs to offer this combo as an option for all.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SFV A4
That would look great! The slightly lighter wood option would spruce up the all-dark interior. Audi needs to offer this combo as an option for all.
And some mid-range brown and saddle leathers. Cardamom Beige is too light.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 550 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by archrenov8
And some mid-range brown and saddle leathers. Cardamom Beige is too light.
I completely agree with you there. I don't want an all black interior and already had beige in my previous car, so I was essentially forced into light gray. I like the look of the interior, but I wouldn't recommend the almost white leather to anyone with young children.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JD15
I completely agree with you there. I don't want an all black interior and already had beige in my previous car, so I was essentially forced into light gray. I like the look of the interior, but I wouldn't recommend the almost white leather to anyone with young children.
My partner just got an A5 Cabriolet with light gray interior, and after only four months, his driver's seat is showing soil.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well folks I just got the Laurel Nutmeg Trim replacement and it certainly looks much better than the painted plastic. One thing I noticed is that the Quattro emblem on the Dash Trim Piece, over the glove box, seems to have pit marks on it.
Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Thanks for your feedback.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by archrenov8
My partner just got an A5 Cabriolet with light gray interior, and after only four months, his driver's seat is showing soil.
Give me a break! Please don't blame that on the interior color. I drive my 10-year old from school every day and he rolls on the floor in the school cafeteria during the after school care, his jacket has footprints on it every day, and yet I can't see any noticeable soiling on his seat and I have a good vision. It's been 3 months since I bought the car and I never had to wipe the seats. I washed the car at least 10 times though, including cleaning the floor mats with a carpet cleaner 3 times - it's a winter around here after all.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mellowman
I noticed is that the Quattro emblem on the Dash Trim Piece, over the glove box, seems to have pit marks on it.
Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Thanks for your feedback.
Can you post a picture? snap a pic of the Laurel Nutmeg too while you're at it - I had a loner with it and thought it looked great

Quick Reply: Laurel Nutmeg Trim