A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

may switch over to german

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default may switch over to german

currently own an 05 g35 sedan, love the car but im just getting bored of it, it feels heavy at times but the handling is very nice.. it could have had better MPG from the get go (i wish it did lol)but then again i am comparing it to a v4 vs the v6 i have now.

i have been reading on the audi and seems maintenance isnt as bad as i thought. i know all cars TLC (my G gets it) but i love the front end of the audi.. especially the plus (Drools)

i have never test driven an audi, or any german car.
my options were as followed in the exact order (and certified)

G37 Coupe/Sedan (MT only)
Subaru BRZ (was planning to wait)
BMW 3series
Audi A4 (hard to find a plus @ a good price)

what can i expect from an audi that i wont expect from a BMW? or vise versa. and vs a japanese car?

thanks for anyone who can chime in
Old 03-25-2012, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Infinity cars in particular come in a very limited set of trims and not many options. The German cars are highly customizable especially outside of North America. If your preferences are not average, i.e. if you are looking for a manual transmission, sport suspension, AWD vs. RWD, and a specific wheel size, chances are you won't be able to drive that configuration. Based on what's available you may determine that one car is worse than the other, which may not be entirely true if you have the right optional equipment installed.
This is very valid in the handling department since cars with sport-tuned suspension or specific wheel sizes may not be available.
If you are willing to order, my recommendation is while test-driving to focus on things that are not optional - fit and finish, space, engine and auto transmission responsiveness, ergonomics.

You should assume that with the right trim/package the G, A4, and 328 are very close in terms or handling and manual transmission response.

Audi is known for the interior design, material quality, and fit and finish. The 328 should be faster stock, but an A4 with an ECU tune should meet or beat the stock 328 for less money.